Motorway through tara (2 Viewers)

and then theres the bastards using the bus lane like an extra lane.
Where are the traffic cops when you need them?

a

i have had the misfortune of being stuck on the N3 on a few occasions. in an attempt to avoid getting stuck on the clonsilla road in the morning i (foolishly) backtracked behind the blanch shopping centre and hit the N3. I wont be doign that again. Thing is, nobody would let me get off the filter lane onto the bypass itself, which meant that I had to sit at the end of the filter lane/beginning of the bus lane (which I was not going to drive on cause I dont want penalty points) for 20 mins while behind me people were loosing the plot at me trying to get past...i made a few attempts to force myself onto the bypass only to be abused, beeped at, starred at evily etc.
it was not a pleasant experience...once i finally managed to get onto the bloody thing it took almost another 30 mins toget to the M50 roundabout.
spending almost an hour on the N3 in rush hour traffic is a soul destroying experience...i dont know how people can do this every day.

i am back on the train now (coolmine station), which, although can be a sweaty squeeze on the best of mornings is better than driving from blanch to town.

The government isn't the problem dude, it's the people. This is what people want, or rather is the result of what people want.

the government is the problem, in the more immediate case of the route of the motorway. they could have and should have picked a different route, and there would have been no objection from salafia.

i made a few attempts to force myself onto the bypass only to be abused, beeped at, starred at evily etc.
it was not a pleasant experience.

You should buy a car like mine - a £160 battered white fiesta.. big scrape on the right hand side. I can push my way into ANY traffic. It really annoys me when people do their damndest to make sure you can't get in by nearly ramming the car in front to stop you, when the only mistake you've made is not knowing which fucking lane you should have been in. To this end, I just push in, although I always try and push in front of three series beemers cos they're generally driven by pricks. If they start shouting, gesturing at me I just smile and laugh at them. Now THAT pisses them off.

progress is progress lads.
sure tara looks alright and that, but so what? it may have been of "historical importance" but based on what? maybe the ancient dudes what lived there were all tossers. if you went to the future and found the arhiologists of 22560 digging up what used tobe a halting site in mulhuddart, you'd be appaled. "why look, zork, 21st centuary human shit in a hoel in the ground, ha ha ha ha"

PROGREEEEEEEEEEEES

obey

The government isn't the problem dude, it's the people. This is what people want, or rather is the result of what people want.

the people want to get around - to the shops, to work. doesn't mean they want to be locked into their cars - what with rising fuel prices and climate change guilt and congestion and crashes etc.

anyone remember this joke - http://www.irishspatialstrategy.ie/

jamgu4978760208586400.jpg

"the public wants what the public gets..."

the people want to get around - to the shops, to work. doesn't mean they want to be locked into their cars
The people want to own houses, so they buy in the satellite towns where they can afford the prices ... but to afford even those prices they have to work in the cities where the money is. Therefore they are locked in their cars. The only to change all this, as far as I can see, it to reform property law (and the constitution) so that a rented house/apt can really be a home for the tenant - but nobody wants that either, now that half the middle class are landlords

Satellite towns, I might add, where shops and schools and services are completely inadequate, but the buyers still buy

The buyers still buy because they 'know' they can just drive to the better shops across a few miles of motorway. Doesn't work out that easy though cos everyone's thinking the same way, there's simply too much traffic and too many cars. Everyone wants what they want but nobody's willing to compromise.

progress is progress lads.
sure tara looks alright and that, but so what? it may have been of "historical importance" but based on what? maybe the ancient dudes what lived there were all tossers. if you went to the future and found the arhiologists of 22560 digging up what used tobe a halting site in mulhuddart, you'd be appaled. "why look, zork, 21st centuary human shit in a hoel in the ground, ha ha ha ha"

PROGREEEEEEEEEEEES

obey

TO PROGRESS!

cheers.jpg

Irish Mail on Sunday - 29 June 2008 - By Luke Byrne

A LEADING archaeologist employed to survey the M3 Tara Valley route has claimed her findings were changed to support the motorway when in fact there was evidence against it. In a devastating attack, Jo Ronayne - who was working for the National Roads Authority - says her findings were altered before being presented to ministers. Miss Ronayne, who was an excavation director at the Tara valley site in Co. Meath, claims she was told to ‘change interpretations’ so as to ‘lessen to potential of numbers of sites’. And she says she was excluded from NRA meetings in which her evidence was altered before reports were passed on to the Government. The damning allegations will shatter the Governments defence that it would not change the Tara route because there is no significant archaeological site on it. And it will lead to disturbing questions about whether ministers - and in turn the public or even the courts - were misled about the archaeological finds.

http://www.tarawatch.org/

snared rapeh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back