Motorway through tara (1 Viewer)

brianoak

So they are allowed go ahead and build the motorway through the valley.This is absolutely ridiculous.Regardless of the fact that the road is going around the hill it will still ruin the place.How anyone aware of the history of Tara and its cultural signifigance to Ireland could go ahead with this is mindboggling.There is going to be no doubt rushed archaeological dig of the area and then they are going ahead with it.As a regular visitor to Tara(I live about 15 mins away) this news has annoyed me greatly.Although I was aware this could happen I honestly didnt beleive it would.

The government talk about people having to commute to Dublin from outside the Pale will benefit and more etc etc.FUCK YOU.I have one word for you DECENTRALISATION.

If dick roche takes as long to sort this out as he did the iodine tablets to every household it'll NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN... I'm still waiting for my anti radiation drugs, dick.

and don't mention the D word.

There's a bypass being built around macroom (cork) that splits my parents farm in three pieces and has put them out of business. IMHO roads are bad. (that said, glad to see the father get a bit of rest at last)

Jesus thats terrible.did they get compensated for it?
ReadySteadyJedi said:
There's a bypass being built around macroom (cork) that splits my parents farm in three pieces and has put them out of business. IMHO roads are bad. (that said, glad to see the father get a bit of rest at last)

Never got ours either.In fact I dont think i know anyone that did.
pete said:
If dick roche takes as long to sort this out as he did the iodine tablets to every household it'll NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN... I'm still waiting for my anti radiation drugs, dick.

brian/heathons said:
Never got ours either.In fact I dont think i know anyone that did.

When they went out, I was living in a house that had been converted into flats, so a supply arrived for the building, but with the names of long-gone tenants. So I 'got' some, they just weren't 'for me'.

Never got my bleedin' Millennium Candle, though. Bastards. Someone oughta show them what's what.

brian/heathons said:
Jesus thats terrible.did they get compensated for it?

Yeah, they will be, but the whole thing moves so bloody slowly. But like i say, it'll be good to see the auld lad get some rest, the mother's been looking for a way to get him to retire now for three or four years, so this kinda puts the stamp on it, so in the end, it's for the good, just a bit of a pity that the view out the front of the house will be of a cocking motorway now. Bloody roads authority.

Are you sellin?;)
jane said:
When they went out, I was living in a house that had been converted into flats, so a supply arrived for the building, but with the names of long-gone tenants. So I 'got' some, they just weren't 'for me'.

Never got my bleedin' Millennium Candle, though. Bastards. Someone oughta show them what's what.

pete said:

That was Joe Jacob - a different Wicklow TD.

I wonder if in a thousand years time, some future road project will be held up because it would be near the historic M3?

has anyone noticed that over the last few years when you drive across the country in ireland your car/bus is no longer covered in insects.

broken arm said:
has anyone noticed that over the last few years when you drive across the country in ireland your car/bus is no longer covered in insects.

i dont have a car. or live in Ireland. so no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back