Most money you have ever paid for a haircut (1 Viewer)

Latex lizzie said:
€50 quid. Sam's on the quays. worth it though..head massage colour the works..cuntish thing to do but I felt great after. I get my mate to shave my head these days..so I'm making up for the indulgence. THis is a mental thread b.t.w.

I hope you got a "happy ending" with that massage fella...

I feel this thread is only mental by being very very normal...

Daisy's Dukes said:
I have a huge deep rooted fear of hairdressers. I say 'just a trim', they seem to hear 'ironic mullet with uneven fringe'. I cut my own now. Much less stressful and none of the 'do you have a boyfriend', 'where you going on holidays' small talk
Last time I braved Peter Marks I got the stupidest girl in the whole world. As she was washing my hair I asked her what the shampoo was, and she told me. So I said 'yeah, it smells really nice' and she said 'you get really sick of it though' and I said 'at least it's a nice smell, I mean you could be working in a pig farm' (for a highlarious joke) and she very seriously said 'oh, so do YOU work in a pig farm?'
me: eh...no.
I shut up then.

€9.50, but i whisked out a shiny fresh unwrinkled tenner from my heavy bulging money clip, extended it to her waving it impatiently and pretentiously as if it were an unwanted freshly picked snot. She accepted it gratefully, eyes bulging with excitement at the prospect of being able to provided dinner for her children. I turned to leave, expensive coat swishing behind me creating myriad invisible, yet unmistakably scented mini cyclones in my wake. I could hear her fumbling urgently in the cash till. A single tear began to form in the corner of my left eye as I considered how much she needed that 50cents, presumably to buy shoes for her starving triplets, and the thought of her sacrificing what she needed now to ensure the return of my cherished custom.

I stopped in my tracks. My right hand delved into my cashmere shirt pocket only to emerged with a silken kerchief . In a single, graceful yet handsome and manly movement I dabbed my eye absorbing away my first tear in adult life. I turned to face the hairdresser, who was approaching me, arm outstretched, 50cent piece in her hand. I held up a charismatic hand. Palm to face. "Yield madam!" I exclaimed. "For you have more need for this bounty than I". She stopped, suddenly, an inch away from hand. A look of bewilderment and awe in her face "will I ever see you again?" she asked quietly. I could see her lower lip trembling. I placed my hand flatly on the left breast of my solid 24 carrot mink jacket and uttered in a firm, unquestionable voice "I will return when the time is right." I then turned swiftly my pelvis creaking and strode purposefully towards the door liek a hero in a movie who just has to go. I left her there, that day, on her knees holding the 50cent piece aloft like a trophy, tears streming down her cheeks cutting dark channels through her makeup.

I never did return. The last she saw of me was the hand-woven gold threaded letters "F.G." glimmering in the July sunlight.

So yeah, my most expensive haircut was a tenner.

kirstie said:
I mean you could be working in a pig farm' (for a highlarious joke) and she very seriously said 'oh, so do YOU work in a pig farm?'
me: eh...no.
I shut up then.

ha ha ha ha, the hairsresser totally ZINGed you Kirsitie!

I was told by the "hairdresser" this moring that i have a "crooked" hairline... what a load of cock... in 26 yrs of getting my haircut no one has ever said this too me, they have all just cut the back short and made me look normal... this dude has left it so in three weeks I will have a mullet, he claims to hide my "crooked" hairline... I say he did it so I'll have to go back to get it cut again 3 weeks and he *cha-chings* the big bucks from me once again.

Does he fuck, I'm cutting my own hair from now on....

God, I've just been reminded of an awful hairdresser experience. After a few years of only sporadic brushing of my hair in a teenage angst rebellion stylee my mum convinced me to let her take me to Hermans in Dundrum for a cut. the hairdresser began to comb through, only to exclaim that my hair was completely matted underneath. Cue 5 busy hairdresser bitches descending on my hair to ooh and aww and stare at me with utter distaste. It took 3 hours for them to unknot my mane while my mum sat in the corner denying I was her daughter

Another time the hairdresser sent me home because I was riddles with lice!

i let my da cut my hair once with an electric trimmer

i figured he couldn't do a whole lot of damage because it had the little plastic attachments so you could set whatever blade size you want to go for. i was going for the blade 3 all over style

so the all over 3 went fine and my da goes, 'right, i'll just take off the blade 3 and shave around the edges for you'

five minutes later, blood and hair everywhere. my da had managed to catch my ear with the razor giving me a super nasty cut, that i didnt think was possible with one of those razors

the icing on the cake was, he cut around my ear in a square shape and managed to give me a dead straight hairline on the back of my head that was about an inch too high
:(

On a somewhat related, but girls only (well, no necessarily...:D ) note, how much have any of ye paid for a stupid "Up-Style" for any balls/weddings etc ....

I paid E46 to get my hair put up for the bloody work x-mas thing last year and it's was bloody horrible!! ... There probably was actually E46 worth of hair spray stuck to my head...horrendous. :mad:

talkinglama said:
On a somewhat related, but girls only (well, no necessarily...:D ) note, how much have any of ye paid for a stupid "Up-Style" for any balls/weddings etc ....

I paid E46 to get my hair put up for the bloody work x-mas thing last year and it's was bloody horrible!! ... There probably was actually E46 worth of hair spray stuck to my head...horrendous. :mad:
Shudder. Memories of my debs. I looked like a spa. It probably cost me about as much, but they did jam a good 700 hair grips into my skull and those things don't pay for themselves.

cut-your-hair.gif

Only about a tenner. Got myself a head-shaving thing a few years ago and never looked back. I use it to shave my face as well, which means I'm in a permanent state of scruffiness - bonus.

One thing I miss about going to barbers is the ability to make up the most bizarre shit about my life with this complete stranger. It usually starts with me saying I'm going on holiday to East Timor and builds up from there.

a few years ago, broke as i was, my friend told me that signing up to those 'model required' things in barbers were deadly, as you got a deadly haircut for free, and they wouldn't fuck it up cos if the junior made a bollix of it the experienced one would fix it up.
so he says to go into the peter marks in st stephens green.
so i goes in, signs up and yer one asks me how i knew to go there, and i said that my mate told me. she told me to come back on thursday.
on the thursday i went in, got the shittiest fuck up of a haircut in the history of the world with stupid highlights and a long bit randomly at the side.
the hairdresser then asked me why i'd joined up. i said cos i heard it was free and they couldn't mess it up.
she said: 'no, this is the womans salon, its €20 here. you should have gone to the mens salon downstairs'.........

Latex lizzie said:
Hair are your ariels to the cosmos
all hairdressers are in the employment of the government.

A wise man once said this.
Damn you, I was gonna claim that one. Bah.

2 withnail quotes in one thread though, fair play to ye ;)

danny07.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back