modern classical peeps...stockhausen in belfast (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

http://www.cmc.ie/news/2004/sarc.html

The new $6m Sonic Arts Research Centre at Queen's University was completed in October 2003, almost thirty months after the project commenced. The official opening of the new Centre will be marked by a special festival of events from 21 April – 1 May 2004. Highlights of the festival include the formal opening of the new Centre by Karlheinz Stockhausen on 23 April 2004. The visit by Stockhausen will be marked by a weekend programme of his music, and will include the world premiere of the tape piece Mittwochs-Grüss, as well as performances of Hymnen, Kontakte, and Gesang der Jünglinge.

M.BISON said:
http://www.cmc.ie/news/2004/sarc.html

The new $6m Sonic Arts Research Centre at Queen's University was completed in October 2003, almost thirty months after the project commenced. The official opening of the new Centre will be marked by a special festival of events from 21 April – 1 May 2004. Highlights of the festival include the formal opening of the new Centre by Karlheinz Stockhausen on 23 April 2004. The visit by Stockhausen will be marked by a weekend programme of his music, and will include the world premiere of the tape piece Mittwochs-Grüss, as well as performances of Hymnen, Kontakte, and Gesang der Jünglinge.
Lets get tickets for this sorted SOON!

Latex lizzie said:
how much ? I never been to belfast.

Pretty cheap
50 quid for the whole weekend.

Email I got today.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Tickets for Sonorities are now available for purchase. As this is one of the most exciting Sonorities Festivals ever planned, we are offering a number of deals on ticket prices.

Those who wish to hear Sonorities 2004 from beginning to end (23 April - 1 May) have the opportunity to buy a saver ticket covering the entire Festival. With a saving of £88 or £62, you can attend all events for only £90 full price or £45 for concession.

The Stockhausen Weekend, from 23rd to 25th April, kicks off this year’s Festival. For those who don’t want to miss a once in lifetime opportunity, we can offer a saver ticket to cover all events over the three days. The ticket will cost £50 for those paying full price or £28 for those eligible for concession. This works out at a saving of £32 and £19 respectively.

The SAN/Cut&Splice Weekend, running from Thursday 29th April to Saturday 1st May, closes the festival with a number of interesting concerts, including an event in conjunction with the BBC and Sonic Arts Network. At a discounted price, you can purchase a saver ticket at £20 full price or £12 concession.

If you wish to purchase tickets for any of the events, please contact Mrs Pearl Young on +44 (0)28 90974829. Payment can be in the form of Cheque or Postal Order. Please note that we can not accept payment by Credit Card.

The full brochure will be mailed out at the end of this week to those people who provided postal addresses and it can also be downloaded from our website in the next few days.

We look forward to seeing you at the Festival!

Yours Faithfully,

Sarah Adair

[size=-1]From a German Website.[/size]
[size=-1][/size]
[size=-1]Friday, April 23rd Belfast, Sonic Arts Research Centre (Information: www.qub.ac.uk/sarc, Tickets: [email protected])
7:30 p.m. Elektronische STUDIE I / Electronic STUDY I
Elektronische STUDIE II / Electronic STUDY II
GESANG DER JÜNGLINGE / SONG OF THE YOUTHS
KONTAKTE[/size]
[size=-1]Saturday, April 24th, 7:30 p.m. HYMNEN [/size]

[size=-1]Sunday, April 25th, 5:30 p.m. OKTOPHONIE / OCTOPHONY
7:30 p.m. MITTWOCHS-GRUSS / WEDNESDAY GREETING (Uraufführung / world première)
MITTWOCHS-ABSCHIED / WEDNESDAY FAREWELL[/size]

remember when he was doing that gig in Stockholm and he let you bust out your amp and do a live guitar solo along to "In Freundschaft"?

M.BISON said:
naturally, he's a close friend

andrew

grand.

I know you weren't talking to me but I've taken a screen shot of your post as evidence.
I have my lawyer here with me, he reccomends you comply.

Bagsie the main bedroom.

ron said:
If I'm around ye can all stay with me

ron: look man i don't know you ok? ok??? i'm gonna stay with m.harris but you can take me and fancy on a murals tour if you want! cos that'd be killer

andrew

in the middle of me fuckin exams, poxy. had a class on Messiaen yesterday- he had a medical condition, synaesthesia, could See music. fucked up music

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back