modern classical peeps...stockhausen in belfast (2 Viewers)

M.BISON said:
ron: look man i don't know you ok? ok??? i'm gonna stay with m.harris but you can take me and fancy on a murals tour if you want! cos that'd be killer

andrew
If I'm still in this shithole & on the recommendation of Swingkid, I repeat ye can stay with me. The Sonic Arts place is down the road

what would stockhausen do?

karlheinzstockhausensirius.jpg

something involving a bunch of cool looking shit, i'd imagine!

andrew

I think I have a photo of you around somewhere pretending to be stockhausen, andy.

M.BISON said:
what would stockhausen do?

something involving a bunch of cool looking shit, i'd imagine!

andrew

fancy: haha i remember that photo - ah happy days...destroying the lab.
harris: stockhausen was certified? certified awesome i hope!
i found an article in german on stockhausen and his WTC comments...i wish i'd actually learned some german during the years i spent learning it.

andrew

I read an interview with Stockhausen in English. When asked about his 9:11 Comments he complained that he was widely quoted as saying that ground zero was one of the greatest works of art of the new century when he actually he said it was one of Satan's greatest works of art.
The High -Brow press are not above sensationalism. This month The Wire are even probing Luc Ferrari about his sordid tryst with Pauline Oliveros like they're Peter Andre and Jordan or some shit. It's really sickening.
!bog

yeah i read htat luc ferarri thing! it was funny how he dissed messaien..."well, i'm no mystic and i'm certainly not religious...." haha

andrew

Maybe I am totally wrong but I thought that I read this somewhere (Wire 1998/1990??) . After extensive searches of the internet I think I am wrong. Everyone seems to think he should be locked up though...

The avantgarde registered its own peculiar response to 9/11. Rushing in where angels fear to tread, Karlheinz Stockhausen voiced what some may have felt, but none dared say. For him, the crashing planes and collapsing towers felt like art: "What happened there is: now you must re-adjust your brain. The greatest work of art imaginable for the whole cosmos. Minds achieving in a single act what we in music can only dream of, people rehearsing like mad for ten years, preparing fanatically for a concert, and then dying. You have people who are that focused on a performance and then 5,000 people who are dispatched to the afterlife, in a single moment. I couldn’t match it. Against that, we - as composers - are nothing." Surely the guy is crazy? In Stockhausen’s defence, he did go on to admit it was a crime, because part of the "audience" were "not consenting". This demur didn’t soften Gyorgy Ligeti’s retort: "Stockhausen should be locked up in a psychiatric hospital".

yeah how about my fist quotes your face when i go to bellfast?
oh harris! you didn't email me today...waht's up1?

andrew

M.BISON said:
http://www.cmc.ie/news/2004/sarc.html

The new $6m Sonic Arts Research Centre at Queen's University was completed in October 2003, almost thirty months after the project commenced. The official opening of the new Centre will be marked by a special festival of events from 21 April – 1 May 2004. Highlights of the festival include the formal opening of the new Centre by Karlheinz Stockhausen on 23 April 2004. The visit by Stockhausen will be marked by a weekend programme of his music, and will include the world premiere of the tape piece Mittwochs-Grüss, as well as performances of Hymnen, Kontakte, and Gesang der Jünglinge.

Wow thats fuckin great, now they can get round to building the new geography, Italian, and classical studies buildings. Wankers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back