Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (1 Viewer)

A very risky thing to introduce into a marriage, I'd guess
Depends on the marriage. If you trust your partner and respect the boundaries, it is as risky as introducing anything else. It’s a lot more common than you think and, honestly, I’ve done it and it was never part of a problem in any direction but sharing the housework, the childcare and even balancing priorities for each others’ jobs is waaaaaaay more work and have contributed much more to the stress of my relationship. At the end of the day, it’s the same as anything else - actually talk and make clear your boundaries if it’s something you’re interested in.

I guess having been with Mrs. egg_ for 30+ years this is so wildly outside my personal experience that I haven't the faintest idea of what the possible outcomes would be
I mean, we’re together over 20 years now so it’s not something we ever thought would happen. It also isn’t “we need to spice things up” because generally feeling like you need to spice things up is a bit of a warning sign and introducing other people into the mix is going to be a clusterfuck. And not in the good way.

Non Origami or whatever it is you married types call it :p

Like sure, ENM's are available for whatever kind of relationship in non commital way, but they are definitely not interested in relationships in the tradition sense, righ?
Depends what you mean. Some of my friends literally are in love with two different people and they juggle that. It works for them, it’s not something I think I could do. It doesn’t mean they will never have a relationship that’s exclusive. There’s all sorts out there just happy to be happy with people in whatever way works.

Depends what you mean. Some of my friends literally are in love with two different people and they juggle that. It works for them, it’s not something I think I could do. It doesn’t mean they will never have a relationship that’s exclusive. There’s all sorts out there just happy to be happy with people in whatever way works.

I know i said that like ten posts ago FFs.
I'm saying these ENM's are clogging up the dating apps is all. I genuinely have no issue with it in the sense of having actually already accidentally having done it, but i think there is a bit of a high risk difference going on with the dating app world - like they are already in relationships, sure they've probably discussed it and worked it out with their partners, but I'm the single person who is effectively if i went in being lined up as an experiment of sorts, or as a side project of sorts, neither of which things appeal to me at this time - dating apps are fickle enviroments at the best of times, it's too high risk to be stepping in to extant things for me..

I will neck a bottle of sleeping pills when I can't look after myself anymore or some world catastrophe happens.
But hopefully I will just drop dead before it gets to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back