Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (1 Viewer)

Apt quote at the end.
It's a good quote

Best I can tell is the dole thing is a signal to voters that we are no longer come-one-come-all.
It's optics more than it is policy.

People (voters) are pissed off with the tents, partly because it feels like no one's in control and there is no policy.

If we let fewer headers in from safe countries we'd maybe be able to do better for the actually deserving people under this system and the city wouldn't be flooded with tents. Or would have fewer tents at least.

We should be able to help the Iranian lad there and the Somali lady.
We have managed neither the system nor the people we let into the system. And we're failing everyone, and damaging our deomcracy in the process.

We've never done right by these people.
We all know what direct provision has been like.
We can barely do right by ourselves.
Reading yesterday what an actual health care system looks like - Seeing the GP in Australia: ‘It’s dispiriting how utterly luxurious it feels’
It'd make you want to cry thinking of the people on decades-long waiting lists.

Joke shop.

Best I can tell is the dole thing is a signal to voters that we are no longer come-one-come-all.
I have it from a very reliable source that the govt policy rn is to make Ireland no more nor less attractive than other EU countries to asylum seekers. ATM they feel like we're more attractive, so they're adjusting. Two examples of people ending up here at the end of a chaotic random journey doesn't mean that asylum seekers have no agency - if I was a refugee you can be damn sure I'd be seeking out the best place to go to seek asylum

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back