Minor Pleasures (16 Viewers)

Not exposing a child to RATM is child abuse.

Twas a battle exposing my parents to RATM all them years ago, and now, wierdly, I think they kinda get it. Whatever "it" is.

It wasn't too loud or drunken or stupid or anything. Kiddo had a great time.

My fancy coloured vinyl copy of Master of Puppets didn’t come with a download card like Ride the Lightning did, but I emailed the Metallica website and they hooked me up with a code.

Do you follow the lad on insta who just plays master of puppets in some weird way pretty much every day? It's basically the best part of the website.

MASTER!

- "Tidy yer bedroom - now!"
- "No, Mammy"
- "Stop being 'bold'"
- "Feck you Mammy"
- "What did you say?"
- "FUCK YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME MAMMY!"
- "You're in big trouble when Daddy gets home!"
- "MOTHERFUCKER!"

This chap, I've had long chats with his dad, long chats with him. Not so much his kid because the lad is bouncing around all the time.

But I know three generations of that family And he's not the only multi generational bunch of folks I know. And I think that's great.

No child will be answering back to mammy with RATM lyrics if mammy can spit bars back at you.

This chap, I've had long chats with his dad, long chats with him. Not so much his kid because the lad is bouncing around all the time.

But I know three generations of that family And he's not the only multi generational bunch of folks I know. And I think that's great.

No child will be answering back to mammy with RATM lyrics if mammy can spit bars back at you.
"Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" was the ultimate 1993 teenager reposte which was the era I had in might for the skit I wrote above. Doesn't carry much weight now.

Mammy could shout back:
"GO-TO-BED! GO-TO-BED! GO-TO-BED!"
to the tune of Bullet in the Head.

On beach in 1989 I sitting near a kid of about 2-3 y.o. his Mam was trying to put suntan lotion on him and he wasn't having it. So after every attempt to put the slimy crap on him he responded with some great one liners:
" NOO! FUCK OFF MAMMY!"
"Fuck you Mammy. I love you Mammy. But you're a bitch Mammy."

He definitely grew up to be a RATM fan.

I heard Killing in the Name probably the first time it was shown on MTV in early 1993 on 120 Minutes. RATM supported Suicidal Tendencies (also on Epic) on a tour of Europe in late 1992 and Mike Muir fell out with them.

Me and buddies really liked them (one went to Reading that year on the day they were playing). Only when the first LP came out that I realised RATM were on Epic - the same label as Michael Jackson - I could never take them seriously after that.

NYC crusty band WARNING used the same photo as the RATM - s/t LP for their 1991 EP.

Their English singer Neil Robinson was the original singer in NAUSEA the famous crusty band from NYC.
Neil was last I heard living a self sufficient off grid life in Oregon and doesn't even own his own records now.
He's the real deal.

Finding the only seat on the dart that doesn’t have an underseat heater pumping out ball cooking levels of hot air.

Plus walking up to end of platform so I could get on a carriage that had enough free seats to allow to to do a few switches

Bouncing around to music with kids is the cherry on top of everything

Parenting is more about cleaning up the third puke of the night, or driving to the A&E with the second ear infection of the month, or listening to their endless stories about school with good humour after you've had a bad day

You can get the former with nieces/nephews
Only Mams and Dads even remember the latter

I respect parents, like I respect smokejumpers
But I leave them to it

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
  • S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back