Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

Had a house party on Friday. Was kinda anxious about it on Wed/Thurs, cos lots of people were texting me saying they would miss it cos covid/babysitter issues/whatever ... but we still had a good crowd and it turned out to be loads of fun. Interesting people, good chats, loads of dancing

... also when I was inviting people I told everyone it was going to finish at midnight, and then I'd kick everyone out. Actually worked great, cos pretty much everyone stayed until the end, and there was a nice clean ending without that long-tailed end-of-the-night tedium of acoustic guitars and depressing songs and people with FOMO who won't go home

Might do this again

I find those grills good for doing a quick snack when I’m cleaning windows.

It's been on my mind since I read this post, but today the bright sun shone through the v dirty window here, on this cold winters day.

So I cleaned all the windows on the sunny side of the gaff. Many windows, and mirrors. I wouldn't pay myself for the quality of my work, but the improvement is massive.

It's been on my mind since I read this post, but today the bright sun shone through the v dirty window here, on this cold winters day.

So I cleaned all the windows on the sunny side of the gaff. Many windows, and mirrors. I wouldn't pay myself for the quality of my work, but the improvement is massive.

It’s amazing (if obvious really) how much light a moderately dirty window blocks. I did all the ones of ours that I can reach with my girly ladder/fear of heights before the plague hit over Xmas. The difference was significant even in the gloomy weather we had at the time.

I did a second pass today. The first clean was like low hanging fruit, I don't think the windows had been cleaned in years so anything was an improvement. Today required more attention.

And now I notice every blemish. I'm obsessed. The window by the hob is sooo greasy, took ages.

Working from home today and instead of looking for podcasts or endlessly trying to think of what to listen to I just played my entire library on random for the first time in years.
Throwing up some gems. Like a belter from the Coldspoon Conspiracy and a lovely tune from Windings. Currently its Everything's Ruined by Faith No More.

1. My health has been shit since the 27th dec, although I’m finally coming through after losing pretty much mon-weds this week. Big pressure thing with work is a grant I’m coordinating which I had to get first draft of out to the partners this week. After lots of very political incorporating of other peoples ideas - I hit send after lunch and went for a nap

2. got a set of mini Humbuckers for an upcoming build. They were out of an Epiphone of some description and had click connectors. When I clipped off the connecters and cleared away the shrink wrap I discovered they are actually 4 rather than 2 wire. So can wire them to split etc

I got followed around the supermarket by security. Aisle to aisle, he wasn't subtle. Nearly made it into a Scooby Doo thing.

This goon thinks I'm going to show up in this shop where everyone knows me and I'm dressed like this, and rob the gaff. Who's he like? Hopefully he figured it out.

A regular at the pub brought one of his kids in. I've met this kid before, hyperactive little lad. And also is the child. Anyway he made an effort to teach his 5yo the words to Killing In The Name Of, while holding the wee lad above his head.

No, you're broody.

A regular at the pub brought one of his kids in. I've met this kid before, hyperactive little lad. And also is the child. Anyway he made an effort to teach his 5yo the words to Killing In The Name Of, while holding the wee lad above his head.

No, you're broody.

I hate to judge anyone’s parenting but exposure a child to ratm is child abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back