Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

Marcus Aurelius aside, I totally agree with this. Each day the probability of it being your last approaches 1 so make the most of it. This is why every morning I try to make sure everyone leaves the house happy with each other, each evening the same, and put the effort into doing the things that I’ll enjoy but feel lazy about.

I’m not as old as you @Deadmanposting but I’m hitting 40 this year and reflecting on my life, I’ve got some great wins but clearly some deficits too. Too much time working, weekends gone in the lab, being narky when I didn’t need to be at home, not looking after myself for most of my life, and not spending enough time with the people who make my life better.

I was inspired by your recent push up proselytising and have started working on my fitness again. I’ve been doing exercises to get up to doing push ups properly, hitting it every day except in extremis. I’ve cut out a lot of the crap I’ve been eating. I’ve started booking gigs again. And for the past year or so I’ve been hitting therapy with a renewed determination to working on the relationships that matter and not just my own shit.

I want to look back on a fulfilling life and I don’t want to just be defined by just my career and for hitting the standard grown up milestones of marriage, house, and kids. And I feel like life is great right now because of this focus.
Beautiful to read, man
You have it dead right - just making these extra efforts to have good and better days doesn't take so much

But the impact of stacking good and better days on top of each other, is it leads to a good & better life

Beautiful to read, man
You have it dead right - just making these extra efforts to have good and better days doesn't take so much

But the impact of stacking good and better days on top of each other, is it leads to a good & better life
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within.

Fired up my Marshall head and 4x12 for the first time since pre covid and did some playing comparisons to my home amp, the katana 100.
Obviously the Marshall sounds better and is more satisfying to play through. The boss is fine though and held up quite well. I do like how silent it is

Marcus Aurelius aside, I totally agree with this. Each day the probability of it being your last approaches 1 so make the most of it. This is why every morning I try to make sure everyone leaves the house happy with each other, each evening the same, and put the effort into doing the things that I’ll enjoy but feel lazy about.

I’m not as old as you @Deadmanposting but I’m hitting 40 this year and reflecting on my life, I’ve got some great wins but clearly some deficits too. Too much time working, weekends gone in the lab, being narky when I didn’t need to be at home, not looking after myself for most of my life, and not spending enough time with the people who make my life better.

I was inspired by your recent push up proselytising and have started working on my fitness again. I’ve been doing exercises to get up to doing push ups properly, hitting it every day except in extremis. I’ve cut out a lot of the crap I’ve been eating. I’ve started booking gigs again. And for the past year or so I’ve been hitting therapy with a renewed determination to working on the relationships that matter and not just my own shit.

I want to look back on a fulfilling life and I don’t want to just be defined by just my career and for hitting the standard grown up milestones of marriage, house, and kids. And I feel like life is great right now because of this focus.
Booking what gigs?

what have you done with the real @Cornu Ammonis

have you also started listening to Steeley Dan?

Is it okay to like Swans? I like a Swans gig but I'm worried I'm not up to date on the Celebrity Creeps thread.

Accused yes, credibly who knows
Well, my memory is not what it was, but I seem to remember him apologising and corroborating most of the facts of the accusation in the apology
It was very very far from "this never happened"

Couldn't tell you one song by them tbh though

Woke culture polluting the mainstream these days, can't even rape people any more.

Pillaging was taken off the table a while back, when people started abusing it.

What's left for us to do on holidays? Stealing artifacts? Try stealing artifacts off people once they realise that rape and pillage isn't allowed any more. It's a fucking nightmare.

nothing ever does.

I remember a massive facebook pile-on on her. I tried to get involve and defend her. So they piled on me. Lots of Swans fans are massive pricks.
It's the Michael Jackson thing kinda sorta

Anyways, I beat the sun to my swimming spot this morning

1690288585128.png

Lazy bastard didn't get up til we were already out of the water

1690288615742.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back