Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

Rage/the record spot used to sell them.
As did the secret book and record store.

Not always but worth a look. Don't think they were too pricey

Yes, Secret Book and Record had some old Uncuts [and maybe Mojos] recently, but sadly no old Selects or Raws which I was after. Always the chance someone will drop a big box of anything in at any time though... I'll check RAGE this week actually.

found old Mojo magazines from the mid 90s to early 00s in the attic today

Been skimming through and reading bits here and there. a most simple minor pleasure. Actually great stuff in them for a young music fan then. presume it's gone to shit these days? haven't bought one in nearly 20 years

Marc Riley does a thing where him and someone else look through an NME from 1972 or whenever. "So and so is playing at the Dublin Castle, support from David Jones, whoever he is".
It's great.

Other minor pleasure, I did maximum wingman today.

A mate, who bemoans his failures in the romance department, was chatting to a really lovely woman.
Then, in a self destroying way, he decided to go to the off licence, which is twenty minutes away.
Then he came back, sat for a minute, then vanished home.

She was saying "where's Dave? (Not his real name)". Let me call him I say.

"Are you coming back out? People are waiting for you. Someone is specifically waiting for you"
"Right, be there in a minute"

In the meantime, me and another chap chatted and kept her occupied, which was no chore because she is disarmingly lovely.

Eventually they left together. As long as I've known this guy he has moaned about his love life. And he tried to ruin it for himself tonight. I and my mate did not let him wreck it for himself again.

The most wingmanning that wingmanning can be.

Other minor pleasure, I did maximum wingman today.

A mate, who bemoans his failures in the romance department, was chatting to a really lovely woman.
Then, in a self destroying way, he decided to go to the off licence, which is twenty minutes away.
Then he came back, sat for a minute, then vanished home.

She was saying "where's Dave? (Not his real name)". Let me call him I say.

"Are you coming back out? People are waiting for you. Someone is specifically waiting for you"
"Right, be there in a minute"

In the meantime, me and another chap chatted and kept her occupied, which was no chore because she is disarmingly lovely.

Eventually they left together. As long as I've known this guy he has moaned about his love life. And he tried to ruin it for himself tonight. I and my mate did not let him wreck it for himself again.

The most wingmanning that wingmanning can be.
He probably took her back to his place where he skulled all the drink from the offie and passed out on the couch

He probably took her back to his place where he skulled all the drink from the offie and passed out on the couch

No sitrep received as yet, but don't ruin my hopes and dreams. If something good happens for him then theres hope for me.

Yes, Secret Book and Record had some old Uncuts [and maybe Mojos] recently, but sadly no old Selects or Raws which I was after. Always the chance someone will drop a big box of anything in at any time though... I'll check RAGE this week actually.

"Junk" shops ( don't know what else to call them) can sometimes have them too. I suppose they wouldn't be quick sellers so you wouldn't need to go all the time.

There's one at the liffey end of capel Street I would imagine could have them.

Even charity shops on occasion. But possibly not worth the effort if that was all you were looking for.

I bought a copy of Select a couple of months back that had Richey Manic's last interview. P&P was like 5 times the price of the magazine. I was north last weekend at my old pairs house. Turns out the only music magazine I had saved was the same issue of select that I'd just spent 15 quid on.

I was chatting to a lovely woman who performed here today, then realised that the Norn Iron guy there was her partner. He was really cool, she was really cool.

At some point he said the words "Adebisi Shank".

I nearly fell off my chair. He had no Idea what Thumped.com was, but I'm sure some of you must know him.

I misheard some lyrics today. I swear the MC and his hypeman declared loudly "I'm getting pegged by a lesbian!"

I laughed very hard. It is his style.

Then I spoke to said MC and he said no, no, those aren't the lyrics at all. Those aren't the words, but seanc, they are now.

I've written a tiny bit of a rap tune.

Whatever is going on in my head seems to be working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back