Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

Posted a genuine heartfelt response on the other thread that has all the horrible, very real shit in it.

Or at least thought I'd posted such a post. Apparently I wrote it, didn't post it. Was faced with it this morning. Phew, best thing for us all.

All the love to you all, you don't need my bullshit.

Unless I insist that you do, of course.

Did a job today. Not new job, but new venue. It's a sports thing.

An appreciation from (sports mad) dad and my sister (who lives in particular teams place) was by me, much appreciated. That's the minor pleasure bit. I'm happy they're happy for me.

I genuinely think that the fact dad gets to say "my son does this!" down the pub Is more important to him (perhaps to me) than the fact that I sometimes have a kinda cool job.
Which is not as cool as it sounds btw. It's quite shit sometimes, it's a job, after all .

Second minor pleasure, nothing went wrong and it was actually a pretty sweet day at work. This time.

The grant/rebate I have applied for about a month ago - and which I've been checking the website every fecking day about - has gone from 'no result' to 'In Process'.

Woot!

The milky bars will be on me.
Or all made.
Whichever that was.

found old Mojo magazines from the mid 90s to early 00s in the attic today

Been skimming through and reading bits here and there. a most simple minor pleasure. Actually great stuff in them for a young music fan then. presume it's gone to shit these days? haven't bought one in nearly 20 years

found old Mojo magazines from the mid 90s to early 00s in the attic today

Been skimming through and reading bits here and there. a most simple minor pleasure. Actually great stuff in them for a young music fan then. presume it's gone to shit these days? haven't bought one in nearly 20 years
Nice one. I buy the odd old music magazine from ebay. All the old boxes have been dumped.

Was only going through ebay earlier just before I posted that. There are one or 2 issues i'd love to get my hands on but the shipping from the UK is too expensive

Rage/the record spot used to sell them.
As did the secret book and record store.

Not always but worth a look. Don't think they were too pricey
thanks. remember seeing them in the Secret in the last year or 2 but didn't pay much attention to them at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back