Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

at the time they also had a similar advert for another drink called Moonshine
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

around the same time there was infamous the 'BIG ED LOVES MONA' ad campaign in Ireland.
there was some weeks of five second adverts featuring only those four cryptic words for an unknown as yet unlaunched product.
after weeks of anticpation the full advert finally emerged -

click the link and poster writes about anticipation the mysterious campaign managed to whip up. we were fierce disappointed, like, when we realised it was just some shite yogurt after all that and it went off the market after a couple of years, I think.

at the time they also had a similar advert for another drink called Moonshine

around the same time there was infamous the 'BIG ED LOVES MONA' ad campaign in Ireland.
there was some weeks of five second adverts featuring only those four cryptic words for an unknown as yet unlaunched product.
after weeks of anticpation the full advert finally emerged -

click the link and poster writes about anticipation the mysterious campaign managed to whip up. we were fierce disappointed, like, when we realised it was just some shite yogurt after all that and it went off the market after a couple of years, I think.

From MONAghan co-op
Short thread on it here which includes a clip featuring one of those, adverts. The Mona ad is quite well done, the others are hilariously bad

In the "mates from home" Whatsapp someone put up one of those Facebooky "97% of people can't solve this lol" things.
And I got it. And quickly. This has NEVER happened before. Obviously it seems simple when you get it, but I usually find this sort of thing maddening and stupid.

Here it is:
1+1=4
3+3=36
5+5=100
7+7=????

In the "mates from home" Whatsapp someone put up one of those Facebooky "97% of people can't solve this lol" things.
And I got it. And quickly. This has NEVER happened before. Obviously it seems simple when you get it, but I usually find this sort of thing maddening and stupid.

Here it is:
1+1=4
3+3=36
5+5=100
7+7=????

196?

Like, obviously. Where's the fucking hard bit??

well, the fact that none of the established symbols used are what they are supposed to be. This stuff is just intellectual bullying to a lot of people.

Edit: the dude who posted it didn't get it. He's a Silicon Valley tech entrepreneur Mr. Brainy Pants tyoe person.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back