Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

Choosing to look at this as a positive instead of a head wrecking negative, but we've cancelled our wedding which was planned for late June, and so far everyone is being sound and returning our deposits. It was a tiny wedding anyway, but it all adds up.

My positive is we've decided, with all of this going on, that our priority is getting a house this year instead. Nothing like a pandemic to keep you in doors and bring your desire to have your own non-rental space with some square of green to grow some veggies to the forefront of your mind. So yeah, wedding money will go to that, and we'll get hitched solo or with parents/witnesses present if its possible at the end of July.

This could have been posted in the complaints thread, but LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT :,D
My advice is don't close on a house the day a lockdown is announced.

Which with how the future looks might actually be an issue.

Still though, class, get yrself a house.

It was snowing at sunrise on the shore this morning, but because I have a computer with a brain the size of a planet in my pocket, I was able to call up the perfect song

1587044120119.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My advice is don't close on a house the day a lockdown is announced.

Which with how the future looks might actually be an issue.

Still though, class, get yrself a house.
This is excellent planning

Good for you!

Set yourself up a daft/myhome alert for your price range.
Flupping brilliant.

Thanks both <3 I have been looking for quite a while, and we're probably still a few months off, but ready to get that mortgage approval baby.

@Lili Marlene how's your sitch going? Give us an auld update. So you guys have closed already?

We own a house and the first mortgage payment goes out next week I think? Still haven't fucking visited it 😑

It's not in Dublin. That's all i'm saying in public for now.

Ah yes, I think you mentioned where before. Congratulations, despite not being able to visit. In a year, this will hopefully be a distant memory.

I have been looking for quite a while, and we're probably still a few months off, but ready to get that mortgage approval baby.
Jonah, I have these alerts set up for areas in Dublin

And this never happens, but today I got more than I can see in one page
I get maybe one or two a day, if that, tops

A lot of them are apartments in town, but there are houses too

What it looks like is a glut of AirBnb places being dumped

1587048839923.png

I mention it because it might be good timing or a good opportunity to have a look and see what's there

Jonah, I have these alerts set up for areas in Dublin

And this never happens, but today I got more than I can see in one page
I get maybe one or two a day, if that, tops

A lot of them are apartments in town, but there are houses too

What it looks like is a glut of AirBnb places being dumped

View attachment 13840

I mention it because it might be good timing or a good opportunity to have a look and see what's there

Good shout! I'm generally very curious as to whats ahead in the next few months on DAFT. Its either going to be an amazing time to buy or a very terrible one.

Good shout! I'm generally very curious as to whats ahead in the next few months on DAFT. Its either going to be an amazing time to buy or a very terrible one.
Some of those might just be people gauging the market, but with that amount of properties available, there are bargains to be had somewhere, and it is for sure a buyer's market

Good luck to you and Stu with everything

Some of those might just be people gauging the market, but with that amount of properties available, there are bargains to be had somewhere, and it is for sure a buyer's market

Good luck to you and Stu with everything

Thank you ^_^ <3

I'd say it's going to be a great time to buy a house. Can't imagine that there won't be a huge drop in prices. Nail that mortgage approval and good luck!

I'd say it's going to be a great time to buy a house. Can't imagine that there won't be a huge drop in prices. Nail that mortgage approval and good luck!

we got mortgage approval about a month ago and there is SFA we can do about it until this lockdown lifts.
but yeah hopefully this whole shitshow brings a little silver lining with it

Took my vintage record player out to the office (because the designated office one is kaput) and am finally getting to play the records I've accumulated but neglected in the last few months IMG_20200420_142247.jpg

Way back when I was a mere teen. A friend of mine had a record player along those lines. When a record was played on it it squeaked ,quite loud too. We thought it was just because it was ancient. That is until I got a record back after lending it to him and it squeaked on my record player. It must have been cutting into the grooves or something.

Needless to say i lent him nothing else.

Way back when I was a mere teen. A friend of mine had a record player along those lines. When a record was played on it it squeaked ,quite loud too. We thought it was just because it was ancient. That is until I got a record back after lending it to him and it squeaked on my record player. It must have been cutting into the grooves or something.

Needless to say i lent him nothing else.
I had this serviced in the HiFi hospital and he assured me this model of record player won't damage my records.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back