Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

I was in for one shitty xmas night if I'd been unable to record.

But chrimbo is back on!

being a bassist again.

A-gug7wCUAAKY5F.jpg

I bought a desk and chair set. Getting most of my gear together in a single permanent setup for recording/mixing will, I hope massively increase my productivity as I'll won't have to take 30 minutes setting shit up whenever I feel like doing some recording. Normally I just don't bother and pick up my acoustic and mess about on that.

I bought a desk and chair set. Getting most of my gear together in a single permanent setup for recording/mixing will, I hope massively increase my productivity as I'll won't have to take 30 minutes setting shit up whenever I feel like doing some recording. Normally I just don't bother and pick up my acoustic and mess about on that.

You gotta have the shit set up and ready to go instantly.Its the only way to make any progress.
Nothing kills the buzz quicker than setting up and the inevetible trouble shooting that entails.

Free budget preamp sounds better than €300 neve clone.

:)

Now I just gotta write a song to use it in.Deadly.

What preamp did you get?

Was reading there recently that the topology of the pre73 is quite different to the 1073 it's just voiced to sound similar.. Guess they're selling on the point that most of us have never used a Neve console.

What preamp did you get?

Was reading there recently that the topology of the pre73 is quite different to the 1073 it's just voiced to sound similar.. Guess they're selling on the point that most of us have never used a Neve console.

Would you believe it,its an M Audio Audiobuddy.Its superb.Its the quietest,clearest,tightest and punchiest sounding preamp I've ever used...and I've tried a few at this stage.

And I know exactly why its so good for a hundred euro amp..theres nothing to it.In Out and a gain knob.Nothing else.No output knob even.Its basically wire with gain.

Which is exactly what I need.I can add any colour I want ITB.No need for real tubes and all that anymore.Be nice to have an Avalon or something..but you can get 90% of the way with decent saturation vsts.

Would you believe it,its an M Audio Audiobuddy.Its superb.Its the quietest,clearest,tightest and punchiest sounding preamp I've ever used...and I've tried a few at this stage.

And I know exactly why its so good for a hundred euro amp..theres nothing to it.In Out and a gain knob.Nothing else.No output knob even.Its basically wire with gain.

Which is exactly what I need.I can add any colour I want ITB.No need for real tubes and all that anymore.Be nice to have an Avalon or something..but you can get 90% of the way with decent saturation vsts.

Yeah I hit the rocket tune just gone up with tube and tape saturation in Audacity and Izotope and got exactly the sound I was looking for.

Yeah I hit the rocket tune just gone up with tube and tape saturation in Audacity and Izotope and got exactly the sound I was looking for.

Yeah..vsts have come a long way.Its astounding how good you can get things sounding if you gain stage things right and have a quality signal to start off with.

West Brom managed to get their shit together and deliver my sisters christmas present on time this year. Feet up tea in hand, excessively large airport shtyle dark toblerone on the side,

Bring on the end of the fucking world myans. I'm ready for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back