Minor Pleasures (19 Viewers)

It's an interesting one in terms of words transitioning from having meaning to just being sounds.
In Belgium Waterloo you'll find the feature it describes, in England you'll find trains.

It's a common thread in Ireland too, but more so in terms of things being named after what they replace

PHILISTINES
band waterloo GIF by ABBA

The brother got a text last night that Cantona was in The Celt on Talbot St last night watching the CL

Hopped in a taxi, went in and had a brief chat at half-time with him, and got a nice photo.

Eric is actually sound apparently.

The brother got a text last night that Cantona was in The Celt on Talbot St last night watching the CL

Hopped in a taxi, went in and had a brief chat at half-time with him, and got a nice photo.

Eric is actually sound apparently.

Kinda sycophantic no?

Also he's done ads for a major gambling corps so I'd hold that against him

Kinda sycophantic no?

Also he's done ads for a major gambling corps so I'd hold that against him

Each to their own.
It's not like it's Gary Neville or Nicky Butt.
Cantona represents something about the human spirit, and that thing about sports that lifts us up.
I get why the brother did it.
I understand why it wouldn't be for everyone.

I had a two hour conversation with my older sister last night and laughed so hard my stomach aches today. She was telling me about spending 10 days holiday with my mother and some of the awkward conversations that came up. More or less my mother trying to ascertain why my sister likes being alone post divorce instead of trying to find another man. IT'S FINALLY NOT ME! It's so much funnier when it's happening to someone else. I was in tears of laughter.

Well, that was until I came up in the conversation while my mom was talking to her about sex. Mind you, my mother is in her 80s. My mum asked my sister if I ever told her that about the time (about three years ago) when I walked in and caught my parents at it. Of course I told my sister! I was mortified and she was out in the car waiting for me. We were suppose to be out for the day, had only left the house for 5 minutes and I came back because I forgot my wallet. I ran up the stairs and my parents had left their bedroom door open. An image I can never erase from my mind no matter how much I try. The only hope I had was that with me rushing by, that perhaps, they might have though I didn't see. Now I know they did. Thankfully my sister told my mother never to bring it up to me because I don't want to discuss it. Forever scarred.

Edit to add: Second paragraph is a major complaint not pleasure.

Last edited:
I had a two hour conversation with my older sister last night and laughed so hard my stomach aches today. She was telling me about spending 10 days holiday with my mother and some of the awkward conversations that came up. More or less my mother trying to ascertain why my sister likes being alone post divorce instead of trying to find another man. IT'S FINALLY NOT ME! It's so much funnier when it's happening to someone else. I was in tears of laughter.

Well, that was until I came up in the conversation while my mom was talking to her about sex. Mind you, my mother is in her 80s. My mum asked my sister if I ever told her that about the time (about three years ago) when I walked in and caught my parents at it. Of course I told my sister! I was mortified and she was out in the car waiting for me. We were suppose to be out for the day, had only left the house for 5 minutes and I came back because I forgot my wallet. I ran up the stairs and my parents had left their bedroom door open. An image I can never erase from my mind no matter how much I try. The only hope I had was that with me rushing by, that perhaps, they might have though I didn't see. Now I know they did. Thankfully my sister told my mother never to bring it up to me because I don't want to discuss it. Forever scarred.

Still shagging in her late 70s? Fair play

Still shagging in her late 70s? Fair play
I think since hitting 80 she's lost her filter when it comes to acceptable topics of conversation. Hilarious, unless it involves me. I got questions for years about not being married and now it's shifted to my sister since she's divorced.

So beautiful, and hot
1712848151612.png

Spent the day in the Mater which was totally boring but I'm now full of the drugs for the next 6 months. Oh and the MS nurse said I need two full days of proper relaxation and rest. I'll see if I can book that in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back