Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

yeah I could do it if I wanted to.
Totally
Would be likely easier for you as you work a physical job. More of a curve for us office slobs.

But that's all most any change takes for most of us; just wanting it enough to do it

Anyways. Happy Monday all.

Totally
Would be likely easier for you as you work a physical job. More of a curve for us office slobs.

But that's all most any change takes for most of us; just wanting it enough to do it

Anyways. Happy Monday all.

I think the opposite actually. Office slobs tend to be mad for a bit of physicality. It's annoying.
There are lads I work with who gym it up in their spare time, but most of us just think "what's a gime"?

Anyway, probably should do some exercise on my own terms. But bed is also nice.

But bed is also nice.
This is the real battle for me.

Our brains will actively work against us and lobby to do the easy thing. Bed, couch, videogame, TV, pub. Drive, don't walk. etc.
It is always looking to spend the least amount of energy and do the least amount of work.
The more we give in to that, the more we train ourselves to live that way.

Working out isn't difficult. Getting your hole to the gym is difficult.

Pushups take some effort. But getting down on the floor to actually do them? That's a goddamn struggle.

Sean C, my brother in Christ
What about that talk recently about moving up a gear and doing something less back (and knee) breaking?
We care for you, man.

Randomly went for a pint and then got a days work out of it. Maybe more.

The days work is smash and bash a stage out. Then maybe I'll be involved in rebuilding the stage and soundproofing the room. Ish.
We'll see how phase one goes.

Today will be 100 days in a row doing 200+ daily pushups

Amazing what a small time contribution can make to how your upper body and core holds together
I injured my shoulder doing push ups in Jan and it still isn't better (yes, I'm going to a good physio (actually works for the Irish soccer team) but fuck me it still hurts). Take things slow and careful, old guyz

Randomly went for a pint and then got a days work out of it. Maybe more.

The days work is smash and bash a stage out. Then maybe I'll be involved in rebuilding the stage and soundproofing the room. Ish.
We'll see how phase one goes.
Good to keep the money coming in

What does a better, less stressful life look like for you - like a year from now?
Or two years from now?

Is this a job interview?

Enough money to pay the bills and keep me in the lifestyle to which I'm accustomed. Dieing beyond my means is strenuous.

Two or three clients who aren't pricks and know me and pay on time. I'm nearly there. But life may change and I may have to graft for a bit, for the greater good.

The pushups themselves are (relatively) easy with practice

Like most things, it's the consistency that's difficult.
Doing something on Day One when it's all new, is easy enough.
Doing it on day Thirty Seven when you really really don't want to, that's the trick.

People think motivation drives consistency, but it's really the other way around. You will not always be motivated.

I also keep a spreadsheet and I have people in a Whatsapp group who back each other up. Trying to hit 75,000 for the year.

25 pushups take less time than it took to write this post.

Fair play

I never do more than 5. They take me ages though. Managing 10 second down, 10 hold, 10 up, 10 down took me months to get up to.

I need to go slower and work on keeping elbows tucked

Now, I wouldn't say I manage good form every time but my general attitude to this has been get through it and keep getting through it and the form will come, failure is what puts me off, not the absence of perfection.

A lot of building up to managing it was to do different stages with my knees on the mat as opposed to my toes when I needed, the going down is the hard part (that's what she said), but I felt great when I did the first one without "cheating"

Investing €5 on a football treble and winning €163. Thank you Villa, Brighton and Fulham

I will be reinvesting my winnings on records, most likely on records I would usually consider too expensive. Free hit, baby

Investing €5 on a football treble and winning €163. Thank you Villa, Brighton and Fulham

I will be reinvesting my winnings on records, most likely on records I would usually consider too expensive. Free hit, baby

I question the use of the word investing, but a nice wee bonus all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back