Minor Pleasures (1 Viewer)

Still not religious but I find the serendipity of this rather entertaining/pleasurable. Today is the the Feast of St. James (whose remains are supposedly in Santiago de Compostela) and it's 37 days until I start my 37 day journey there and I'm 37 year old... cue the spooky music.

Other 37 odd bits:

Thirty-seven is a symbol of the Christ.
The Bible has many examples (if you choose to believe) showing how number 37 is related to being saved/raised up or being holy or perfect.
The 37th Greek word in Strong's dictionary is "hagiazo", which is translated as "hallow", "be holy" or "sanctify"
The relation between numbers 37 and the 'number of the beast' 666: 6+6+6=18 and 18 x 37 = 666.
Number 37 is the first irregular prime number.
Number 37 geometrically can be a hexagon or a star.
Element 37 is Rubidium, which reacts violently with water and can cause fires. (holy water/devil perhaps? ; ) )
The Hindenburg took 37 seconds to burn.
The “normal" human body temperature is 37 degrees Celsius.
I had a dream 7 years ago that I would die when I was 37.
Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937.
William Shakespeare wrote 37 plays.
Poets: Byron, Majakovsky, Rimbaud, Dillon and Pushkin died at age 37. (Musicians 27, Poets 37?)
The European version of the Roulette wheel has 37 numbers.
There are 37 holes in the old telephone receivers, which I've always been paranoid to talk on.
In Cool Hand Luke, Lucas Jackson's prison number is 37.
The Green Monster in Fenway Park is 37 feet tall.
Elaine slept with Jerry 37 times. (I think this one made me smirk the most)
There's a list of 37 politically correct ways to say someone is stupid, which can all be used to describe me after this post.

Going to my former employer this morning, where I spent nearly two miserable years, to claim my remaining personal effects having permanently transferred to a job I like in a nicer part of town.

SG cleaned and restrung.Hands immaculately clean.

Its my favourite couple of hours.Wish I could change them every day..I'd never stop playing, I'd improve a lot quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back