Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

getting into a sleeping bag cocoon and then getting under my covers. heavens.

got a fixed penalty notice in the post today for parking in a loading bay. why a pleasure? little hitler garda will have to front up in court and explain to the judge why he ticketed a commercial van, taxed as such, during hours of loading (c.3pm). then i'll report him to his super and, possibly, the ombudsman for intimidation and abusive language. lad'll be on traffic duty for years.

i'm hungover, so i'm taking issue with this post. if the garda is a little hitler for giving you one wrong ticket where does that leave you if you want his career path changed entirely over it? nip into the station, have a word. its ireland.

i'm hungover, so i'm taking issue with this post. if the garda is a little hitler for giving you one wrong ticket where does that leave you if you want his career path changed entirely over it? nip into the station, have a word. its ireland.

had the word, offered evidence which was declined without inspection, subsequently checked dublin city by-laws (1969, amended 2008, 2010, 2011) for confirmation of my position. his parting blast was "i'll see you in court". his partner was clearly embarrassed but the prick refused to see his error and compounded it. being told i'd "be sorry you ever gave me lip" was the final straw.

me? i'm more attila the hun

had the word, offered evidence which was declined without inspection, subsequently checked dublin city by-laws (1969, amended 2008, 2010, 2011) for confirmation of my position. his parting blast was "i'll see you in court". his partner was clearly embarrassed but the prick refused to see his error and compounded it. being told i'd "be sorry you ever gave me lip" was the final straw.

me? i'm more attila the hun

Context is everything. Well you tried your best there, not much more you coulda done for the guy.

Context is everything. Well you tried your best there, not much more you coulda done for the guy.

i wanted to be cool about it, believe me, (i'm on the local neighbourhood watch, ffs - "known to gardai" in a positive sense) but the guy pushed all the wrong buttons. ombudsman is a mite far, but i'm looking forward to meeting up again.

(wtf have i become - victor meldrew? apologies for despoiling the thread. might just take a leaf out of jonah's book)

i wanted to be cool about it, believe me, (i'm on the local neighbourhood watch, ffs - "known to gardai" in a positive sense) but the guy pushed all the wrong buttons. ombudsman is a mite far, but i'm looking forward to meeting up again.

(wtf have i become - victor meldrew? apologies for despoiling the thread. might just take a leaf out of jonah's book)

ah i've got major dislike for all these minor/major/augmented/dimished threads anyways. Getting a parking ticket is possibly in the top five worst feelings in the world though. I got one once while on a moral support trip for my friend who was in court for having an unpaid parking ticket. good times.

A nice stereo mix down to end off a great day on a high note

Really getting into the new Cloud Nothings record (Attack on Memory - Pitchfork gave it an 8.6). Definitely one for those who like 90's indie/rock bands, doesn't bring anything new to the table but it's executed nicely.

[Did the 'What I'm listening' to thread die from obesity? Could be a good idea to setup a cron job that auto-creates a new music thread each week, populate it with whatever records are being released on that week and then hoove it into the archive at the end of the week?]

There's a bowl of bread & butter pudding (without any fruit) and custard waiting for me at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back