Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

New acoustic guitar strings.Pity the guitar is about as resonant as a sponge.But sweet music shall nonetheless be made this evening!

Are you gone folk?

I am indeed!
Just running three mic cables together to record in the kitchen.To help with the resonance problem.Its brighther in there.The guitar came from Argos.I'm hoping I can tart it up in Reaper.Tis a belter of a song.Hopefully I can get the sound I need.I havent done any acoustic guitar recording yet.Its daunting.

Edit..I havent quite figure out how I'm gonna get the click track out there though..dont have a headphone cable that long

Edit Edit..sure I'll just use the laptop!BINGO!

Edit Edit Edit..better yet!I'm gonna make an mp3 of a click and play it on my mp3 player.The audio in o the lappy is only 16bit.Thats no use.

Ahh yeah..thats class alright.

Jockeys are only little pip squeeks.

I am indeed!
Just running three mic cables together to record in the kitchen.To help with the resonance problem.Its brighther in there.The guitar came from Argos.I'm hoping I can tart it up in Reaper.Tis a belter of a song.Hopefully I can get the sound I need.I havent done any acoustic guitar recording yet.Its daunting.

Edit..I havent quite figure out how I'm gonna get the click track out there though..dont have a headphone cable that long

Edit Edit..sure I'll just use the laptop!BINGO!

Edit Edit Edit..better yet!I'm gonna make an mp3 of a click and play it on my mp3 player.The audio in o the lappy is only 16bit.Thats no use.

I used to run a few guitar leads out of the headphone jack and link them up with guitar pedals then plug the headphones into the output of the pedal. Gets you a good long lead and a mono signal - grand for most stuff though. The beatles didn't use headphones at all until they started on Revolver - they had whatever they were playing along to playing out over the speakers in the studio and they sang/played along to that.

I used to run a few guitar leads out of the headphone jack and link them up with guitar pedals then plug the headphones into the output of the pedal. Gets you a good long lead and a mono signal - grand for most stuff though. The beatles didn't use headphones at all until they started on Revolver - they had whatever they were playing along to playing out over the speakers in the studio and they sang/played along to that.

Thats a fantastic suggestion man.Nice one.If I need to do any overdubbing I'll be grand with that.Jobs Oxo.

Retarded Folk song is a GO!

go gadget shaney.

on a side note, there was a brief period where i was going to call my record lauch thread on thumped 'captain a - folking rocks'.

Shitknobs I almost fotgot..I had a dream early this morning that my song Considering The Consequences came on 2fm and it sounded EXACTLY like T-Rex!!

I woke up fucking PSYCHED!!!!!

Weren't the monitors out of phase with the mikes so they wouldn't be picked up?

I remember one drunken night many ears ago egg_; trying to explain how that works to me - I didn't get it then, still don't...

Weren't the monitors out of phase with the mikes so they wouldn't be picked up?

I remember one drunken night many ears ago @egg_; trying to explain how that works to me - I didn't get it then, still don't...

sounds like the same method i remember readin here how bono records his vocal takes on his sm58 in the control room. the playback is audible in the control room but out of phase so whats picked up is cancelled when mixed in with the rest of the track.

am i right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back