Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

Pete, your quiet support for my efforts to not do a Rusty Cohle is noted, appreciated and, yes, I will become a supporter when I get my birthday money and don't have to use it for booze.

Its all just down to practice.I did my 10000 hours guitar practice in my youth.Once I learned to play what I wanted I stopped.Havent practiced since!I just play now..its like talking or walking.

Edit..I have attempted to learn new techniques but the will just isnt there.

Nobody bar fucking long haired dudes with no girlfriends listens to sweep picking..so why bother

Indeed. I spent my youth learning Neil Young solos (easy and full of mistakes), the solo from Paint a Vulgar Picture as it's easy, Time by Pink Floyd and the easy bits from Wilco tunes with Nils. So, unless a track is at snails pace and has the same chords for five minutes, I'm rubbish. 10000 hours.....I'll be doing well to live that long.

aww man..I learned Sultans Of Swing note for note when I was 17 to impress my auldfella..and he was fucking impressed!has backed me 100% my whole life.Loves the fucking guitar he does.

Rory Gallagher..had all his shit learned by the time I was 20

Then I moved onto John McGlaughlin and Zappa ..and that was me fucked.Theres no coming back once you go down that road

aww man..I learned Sultans Of Swing note for note to impress my auldfella..and he was fucking impressed!has backed me 100% my whole life.

Rory Gallagher..had all his shit learned by the time I was 20

You go up in my estimation on a daily basis, Gary.

I'm gonna blame my dad. Too easily pleased. And with a killer record collection he shoulda pushed on me. Lizzy, Skid Row,Rory, Jimi, Crimson.....neglect.

You go up in my estimation on a daily basis, Gary.

I'm gonna blame my dad. Too easily pleased. And with a killer record collection he shoulda pushed on me. Lizzy, Skid Row,Rory, Jimi, Crimson.....neglect.

haha..that made me laugh..the last artist on yer Das list..lol

ahh sure..its a minor pleasure..it belongs here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SERIOUS fucking chops on Knopfler

Theres a serious lack of kick arse guitar players anymore

A lot of great drummers in recent years..but I can't think of one serious guitarist.

That isnt metal.I just can't get with metal.Its too boring.

Kinda had them dismissed as boring Wrangler rockers
yeah...for the most part they are..but when they were starting out they had it.No question

Serious paucity of decent tunes though.

Edit..the more I think of it..the more I really despise metal.Theres a core of amazing music in there..but they've gone too far..in every direction.It abysmall.

I had dismissed that song as hacky based on their rep and the title.

Fucking killed me when I eventually put it through some headphones.
I love that when you listen to something through yer best cans and its just like WOW.

I have a sweet pair of open backed Sennheisers.real audiophile shit..man you can get lost in the music very quick with nice cans

Kinda why I love the likes of Lloyd Cole and Belle and Sebastian.
Pedestrian musicians. Exquisite lyrics.

aww man..Belle and Sebastian are far from pedstrian musicians.

They are exquisite players.Straight up.

Stuart is a fucking bone fide lyrical genius though.

Hes better than morrisey and mark e smith put together

aww man..Belle and Sebastian are far from pedstrian musicians.

They are exquisite players.Straight up.

Stuart is a fucking bone fide lyrical genius though.

Hes better than morrisey and mark e smith put together

Piazza NY Catcher is like a fantastic lyrical achievement. Layered and referenced like crazy.

Last edited:
ahh sure..its a minor pleasure..it belongs here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SERIOUS fucking chops on Knopfler

The two Knopflers. His brother played great stuff on that record until Mark wanted control and canned his ass soon afterward for being good and creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back