Minor Pleasures (2 Viewers)

Actually my Aunt went to hospital last night
It all falls under the umbrella of not validated, scientifically and medically dubious treatments. I do recognise the difference between the terms apologies if it caused offence but until any of these treatments show a measurable effect, the terms alternative and complementary are really only marketing terms. "Oh we're not mad like those alternative crystal healing types, our complementary medicine is based on other bogus principles."

Regular medicine can be holistic too and most of the time, I would argue that holistic is used again as a marketing tool to sell lifestyle items to with the alleged therapies (magnetic bracelets, courses of ineffectual treatments, etc.).

He's certainly good at lightening your wallet.

That's a fair criticism if maybe a little cynical to suggest everybody's motive can only be about money probably the most professional area for massage is in sports I have no idea what they might earn though.

But take something like yoga for instance in fairness it can be viewed as a very primitive approach to health but still things like that will get crossed over with other activities like aerobics or even gym practices so it is not necessarily like joining a cult most people will probably in this day and age think of it as a sort of work out but it would be correct to say that things can also get very wishy washy and tacky.

Your criticism really though is about the claims they will make and that because they haven't been scientifically put to the test or proven then they shouldn't be made at all. I suppose they will consider that they have there reasons to make them like for instance massage can help the immune system I am sure there is some reasoning they have for stating something like that that but you may well be very right denounce it as completely as bunk unproven and even outright lies. I think they at least try to have a bit of a realistic background to it even if it still a long way off proper scientific study.

Last edited:
The basic tenet is that all ailments can be taken back to problems/misalignments in the spine. By manipulating the spine, any and all problems (not just back problems) can be sorted. It has a basis in spiritualism that is glossed over these days so not far off magic stones or acupuncture points.

A few years back a chiropractor sorted out my lower back pain without any reference to mumbo jumbo, just a collapsing couch and some satisfyingly loud pops and cracks.

He's certainly good at lightening your wallet.

On Wednesday I couldn't run without a good amount of lower back pain. On Thursday I was out running 5 miles gleefully in the pissing rain around Wicklow. If it cost me €42 for that, then offer me a cheaper/free solution and I'm all ears.

That said, I went to another chiropractor in Dublin last January and she was shite. Complete waste of money.

I also went to a lad in Carlow who treats Olympic medal-winning athletes. Again a waste of time.

Wearing a t-shirt with Tom Atkins on it into work.

atkins_beer2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back