Minor Pleasures (1 Viewer)

So much to love there, dead dogs, trains, fox hunts interrupted. Brilliant.

Here's a cat not giving a fuck about fox hunting

cat-not-giving-a-fuck.jpg

Yeah, right on!!!

Well the hounds' role in the whole barbaric mess tends to get swept under the carpet. People focus too much on the hunters when it's the dogs that do the killing.

So the incident has a certain poetic justice.

No it doesn't. Foxhounds are bred, then trained from birth to run after foxes and kill them. they don't have ethics groups they could be listening to. they don't know that somebody owns those farms. the foxhunting culture among humans is still the asshole.

No it doesn't. Foxhounds are bred, then trained from birth to run after foxes and kill them. they don't have ethics groups they could be listening to. they don't know that somebody owns those farms. the foxhunting culture among humans is still the asshole.

Personal responsibility.

Chuckles at work.
From the introduction of travel journal by an Irish couple traveling in the US, published in 1931.
“Why we didn’t use a Kodak. We dislike to do what every other tourist does. We dread to bore our friends on winter evening by a display of snapshots. We think it more intelligent to make pictures in the mind, to put them down on paper in language that will convey, not only what we saw, but how it affected us. We scorn the slogan, “You press the button; we do the rest.” It was our trip, these impressions are ours. Our minds the sensitive plate, our pen the developer. From this statement you may infer the truth. We are egoists.”

Speaking of jobs. Due to a tax refund I suddenly have about 3.5k at my disposal.
I could possibly leave the public service job that's slowly killing me if I do something good with that money. I'm very giddy.

Leave a guaranteed, pensionable job while the rest of the economy is in shit?

Have you thought that through?

From the many people I know in the public sector, it seems like the jobs are not that stressful. Or at least there is some scope for dossing.

Whatever your side project is, you could probably do it during the ample doss time you get in there. That's what Brian O'Nolan did (in my version of events).

Granted I am only going on stories I hear from the Dept of Education and Dept of Agriculture. You could be under some severe cosh in some department where I don't have mates to tell me stories.

Leave a guaranteed, pensionable job while the rest of the economy is in shit?

Have you thought that through?

From the many people I know in the public sector, it seems like the jobs are not that stressful. Or at least there is some scope for dossing.

Whatever your side project is, you could probably do it during the ample doss time you get in there. That's what Brian O'Nolan did (in my version of events).

Granted I am only going on stories I hear from the Dept of Education and Dept of Agriculture. You could be under some severe cosh in some department where I don't have mates to tell me stories.

I get paid shit as I'm only a clerical officer and my boss hates me. Also, as we're understaffed I do the work of two people who left, one of whom was a grade higher. Office work and the politics of the civil service don't suit a maverick like me and I'll never get a promotion even if in 5-10 years they start bringing them back in. Also, I am directly employed by my agency so I can't even transfer.
And my boss hates me. I have no doss time and all the things I am good at/passionate about such as music, creativity, writing, I don't feel like doing any of those things at the end of the work day.
Of course I would never leave a job without having a new job but the money makes things possible and I'm hungry as fuck to do something. Even if it's just paying to go learn to drive.
I'm also lucky to have the love and support of a good (and rich) woman these days.

I could also be in Brazil by the morning. That's freedom.

Don't worry. I'm stupid, but I ain't that stupid. She's 4 grades higher than me. And will go all the way to the top.

Try not to whine too much to her about the work thing. Be noble in the face of adversity. Chicks dig that shit. Also have "a sense of humour"; they are fucking huge on that one too.

Try not to whine too much to her. Be noble in the face of adversity. Chicks dig that shit. Also have "a sense of humour"; they are fucking huge on that one too.

I don't whine, I make her laugh by cutting the rest of our co-workers to ribbons. Keeps me sane and her sweet. Well, that and getting up early to make her scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with fresh ciabatta and tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back