Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

I don't bother with health insurance. Am I like Evel Kneival for being so brazen?
Well, if you're pretty healthy, I'd say it's probably not a bad thing. I actually calculated wrong, I'd be 12,000 richer had I put that money in a savings account rather than health insurance. I don't even want to try to do the sums on what I've paid in the last five years plus the insurance. Granted it's totally my own fault for not fully understanding the system here. Got it straight now though, damn deductibles. Although in 'getting my stuff sorted' mode, I got a sizeable amount of money back for over paying my gas bill at my last place. Score. Ducks in a row!

I don't bother with health insurance. Am I like Evel Kneival for being so brazen?

my medical card expired without telling me. two days later i was in A & E being refused treatment after being refused by six regular doctors because i had no money. I lied and said i had insurance but didn't have the details with me to get treated. As i didn't pay the A & E bill in time i now have a debt collector looming over me.

So my question is, do you feel lucky, punk?

If it's an emergency, don't they have to help you?
Of course. If you're willing to go public. Broke my thumb there last year playing rugby. Took me a while to realise it might be broken but once I did, I got an xray, a bed that night, operated on the next day and right as rain now. Even got a physio appointment at the hospital.

ann post, what country was this in? You should be entitled to free medical care (including emergency) in public hospitals in Ireland. There are charges for ambulances and maybe a minor charge for A&E without a referral, but care other than that should be covered (it's part of the reason we pay PRSI and the USC).

Going public will often mean seeing the same Dr or Consultant that you'd have seen if you paid to go private anyway - just might have to wait longer if it's not an emergency.

ann post, what country was this in? You should be entitled to free medical care (including emergency) in public hospitals in Ireland. There are charges for ambulances and maybe a minor charge for A&E without a referral, but care other than that should be covered (it's part of the reason we pay PRSI and the USC).

Ireland. They eventually admitted me. It isn't free. I have to pay for it. If my medical card hadn't been cut it would have been free.

Apparently for a man there's an argument to be made that you can go into your mid-40's without having health insurance and come out ahead. After that it increasingly becomes a much better idea to have it.

Apparently for a man there's an argument to be made that you can go into your mid-40's without having health insurance and come out ahead. After that it increasingly becomes a much better idea to have it.

It's fucking brilliant being a man sometimes.
Fairly robust health despite unhealthy lifestyle, dealing with things by not dealing with them until they go away, low emotional intelligence so you live in blissful ignorance of your other half's inner turmoil.
I mean what is there not to like?

It's fucking brilliant being a man sometimes.
Fairly robust health despite unhealthy lifestyle, dealing with things by not dealing with them until they go away, low emotional intelligence so you live in blissful ignorance of your other half's inner turmoil.
I mean what is there not to like?
Don't forget beards, getting better looking with age better, muscle structure, Thicker veins in the legs.

Men we're fucking brilliant

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is about as beardy as I could get, and it would take months of looking ridiculous.

Leonardo-Dicaprio-photo-1600X1200.jpg

Don't forget beards, getting better looking with age better, muscle structure, Thicker veins in the legs.

Men we're fucking brilliant

Men 8/10 times look better at 40 than they did when 30, imho. Same ratio could be said about beards. There are those 2/10 that look better without, @7 - No tomorrow you're one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back