Minor Compliments Thread (2 Viewers)

I really fear mayonnaise but that's for another thread and another time.

Boys are handsome, though. That's a compliment. I'm boy crazy like one of them from the babysitters club.

I was making the coleslaw at the time rather than eating it.

however, this being the compliments thread, i like your observational skills and sarcasm.

This article/website in general made me so very happy.

"Flav quickly faked his way into becoming a well-respected and influential hip-hop artist without anyone noticing that Chuck D needed to hire a permanent chiropractor from years of carrying Flav and his clocks. While Chuck D paved the way for Common, Mos Def and Talib Kweli, Flav can be credited with paving the way for Jim Jones, Lil' Jon and Fatman Scoop and anyone who has ever shouted into a microphone at an urban radio station concert.

Some might argue that Flav added a necessary, whimsical counterbalance to Chuck D's politically-charged, thoughtful lyrics. Others refute this by pointing out that no argument ever benefited from ridiculous side commentary delivered by a cross between a circus clown and a grandfather clock. Interestingly, a valid argument exists that Flav is entirely responsible for Public Enemy's popularity among white people who, in 1988, might have been initially turned off by Chuck D's black nationalism, but ultimately enjoyed dancing rappers in funny sunglasses."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUZh...www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Flavor_Flav
http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Flavor_Flav
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUZh...www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Flavor_Flav

Good reading.
Relatedly, I was talking to an African-American girl a few years back who had never heard of Public Enemy, I was shocked at the idea. Was I being racist in assuming she should have had?

Good thread too everybody.

Was I being racist in assuming she should have had?

I think the soft racism is that people bring up hip-hop when talking to black people. "You people, with the music!" and such.

It is bizarre that anyone over 30 or under 50 would not know who Public Enemy are.
Twenty somethings don't even know who the Beatles are, well according to viral stories I read

Good reading.
Relatedly, I was talking to an African-American girl a few years back who had never heard of Public Enemy, I was shocked at the idea. Was I being racist in assuming she should have had?

Good thread too everybody.
a companion who will remain nameless was surprised our nigerian taxi driver wasn't impressed that we were on our way home from a blues night one night...and eventually decided maybe he was into gospel?

"....yeah," said the driver

it later turned out he was muslim

I think the soft racism is that people bring up hip-hop when talking to black people. "You people, with the music!" and such.

It is bizarre that anyone over 30 or under 50 would not know who Public Enemy are.
Twenty somethings don't even know who the Beatles are, well according to viral stories I read

I think she'd be about 28 now so just outside that bracket. Maybe I am racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back