Minor complaints thread (13 Viewers)

I’ve 15+bad mosquitos bites, full on blister ones. Two have rings around and there are ticks in the general area I was staying but I think I’m just being paranoid there.
Over the counter stuff doesn’t work for me, and I’m already on 7 antihistamines a day for other allergies, so back to the doctor I go.

We can't shit in the downstairs jax because it will flush liquids but it sure as fuck won't flush solids. For months now.
Landlady said it must be stuff we're flushing down, I've maintained for years now that our system must be connected to next doors in some way (naturally) because every time they get something done in there (you'd see the drain people or plumber van outside) our one goes to shit (geddit).
About 4 months ago they had the plumbers in again over a period of days, and for one day in the middle of that our toilet suddenly started flushing perfectly fine. Then when the day after the plumbers finished there, bolloxed again, just like that. And the land lady says the systems aren't connected, joker.
Having lived the horror that 100% sounds like the results of someone flushing a load of wet wipes or sanitary towels or similar slight plastic type cloths. Burn the house down and start a new life.

I’ve 15+bad mosquitos bites, full on blister ones. Two have rings around and there are ticks in the general area I was staying but I think I’m just being paranoid there.
Over the counter stuff doesn’t work for me, and I’m already on 7 antihistamines a day for other allergies, so back to the doctor I go.
You vacay with Jill, you get Hives

Hope you feel better
Anything to stop the itching at least?

I was gonna sell my smokewagon this month to pay off some bills and shore myself up a bit. Then my sibling reversed into my parked car and made a mess of it cosmetically. I was in the passenger seat with them when they did it, in a wide open empty car park.

I didn't kill them with my bare hands so I'm the better person. I've a week of YouTube and painting ahead of me instead of a holiday.
A smoke wagon? I must see. I need a smoke wagon. What's a smoke wagon?

Ugh, I need to sort this fridge out. I just opened the door, decided I wasn't hungry, threw out some pickles which have been here longer than me, and five minutes later I still stink of brie. Fuck brie, there's me trying to be fancy. Gack.

Ugh, I need to sort this fridge out. I just opened the door, decided I wasn't hungry, threw out some pickles which have been here longer than me, and five minutes later I still stink of brie. Fuck brie, there's me trying to be fancy. Gack.
Seriously fuck brie, this is horrible.

Having lived the horror that 100% sounds like the results of someone flushing a load of wet wipes or sanitary towels or similar slight plastic type cloths. Burn the house down and start a new life.
Aye I know what ya mean, that's what the landlady's always trying to say right, but that absolutely doesn't explain in any way how the toilet was suddenly totally fine for an entire day when the plumber was working on the neighbour's stuff, and then completely fucked again the very next day; if anyone is flushing shit like wet wipes, it has to be the neighbours then.

I cut the tip of my index finger on the broken lens on my van's foglight

It hurts to play guitar

I don’t have any tick bites, so a weeks worth of antibiotics and steroids and I should be grand.
Thought I’d washed all the calamine lotion off but apparently not. I walked through town looking like I’d been whitewashed.

I very nearly got run over by a white van man. He was clearly daring himself to see how quickly he could drive through a narrow gap in the road.
On one side was a car letting him pass, on the other was me, as a pedestrian. He flew between us at maybe 30mph, mounted the footpath, couldn't have been more than an inch from me or the other car. He must have driving a hybrid thing because I didn't hear him at all. 'kin hell, scared the shit out of me.

There was a time when I could put on BBC Radio6 at any time of the day and I would leave it on because whatever was playing was pretty good

Those days are gone

There was a time when I could put on BBC Radio6 at any time of the day and I would leave it on because whatever was playing was pretty good

Those days are gone
I get this too

There has clearly been a conscious decision to move away from comforting 40+ year-old men on their musical taste, to actually having a broader spectrum of music on there

I just want one new tune every few weeks that I can't get out of my head, and can send to my hugger and try and impress her with it

Those days are gone
That is a you know you're getting old post if ever I saw one.

Though they did play this today:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It caused a brief volume battle between me and whoever prick was playing that shit music somewhere. I won, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back