Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

Rice and anything - buy wholegrain rice if you can though, it has more protein and fibre in it. Wholegrain basmati is delicious and cheap own brand can be got in a few places - or buy it in one of the Asian food stores.

Some of my more successful rice ands:
Fried Eggs (crispy but with yolk still runny) and a bit of soy sauce
Tinned Tuna or Salmon
Fried Onions (with other veg if you have them) with or without grated cheese
Cooked Lentils (another really cheap staple and high in protein)

Stir frys are also cheap if you keep them vegetarian and avoid packet sauces. slice up some onion, garlic, chili, broccoli, carrot and cabbage, fry in a hot pan for about 5 minutes, dash of soy sauce and you're sorted. Cheap and quick, and nutritious.

Dried pasta is a decent staple too, nice with just butter, black pepper and grated cheddar.

So broke. Have about £100 to live on for the next 2 weeks. What's the cheapest meal you can live on that's not too disgusting?
£100 for 2 weeks is broke now is it ? I call that flush.

Ramen, Beans on Toast, Tuna Pasta, and a rice, spice and vegetable mush that you always get in German squats which I think they refer to as Rice und Scheiße. That's how I've lived for the past decade.

£100 for 2 weeks is broke now is it ? I call that flush.

Ramen, Beans on Toast, Tuna Pasta, and a rice, spice and vegetable mush that you always get in German squats which I think they refer to as Rice und Scheiße. That's how I've lived for the past decade.
that includes general travel and living. you live in London, you know travel itself for two weeks in more than half of that.

Not near a tube station, my journey to work is 1.15 hours and requires getting a bus to the tube also I don't cycle
There's so much to hate about that post.

Fuck London forever.

I'm just back from a weekend away in Brighton. No one bumped into me or marched straight in front of my path like I wasn't there. And the bar staff were friendly and knew what they were doing.

It was like being in some sort of other world where de britz seemed sound. I'm scared and confused now.

Do you like chickpeas? Cheap, filling and full of protein. Always good to stock up on the herbs and spices when you're flush for times like these.

Feel your pain, I've been scabbing free meals left, right and centre this past week off friends, parents and well-wishers. Another thing I guess London has in short supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back