Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

Maybe you'll get one of those hipster plumbers who only learnt plumbing because it was the next step after their classic anchor tattoo and you'll be re-masculated.
I think I'm superior to anyone that got a tattoo that they're not embarrassed about.
So it might even out.

I also won't get a cleaner, because it feels like failure.

I'm fine with electrical stuff but plumbing is a dark art. Part of the problem was that the cistern was quite old and none of the new valves would fit into the cistern so we had to hack it up and MacGuyver it. And the original inflow pipe had fused with the porcelain, my uncle is very handy and it tested his limits too.

I generally wouldn't fuck around with electricity, however last year the switch that controls the power to my shower shorted/burned out and my dad and I bought a new one and replaced it within 45 minutes. The hardest bit was lining the screws up.

Good bonding experience with the auld fella too I suppose.

I generally wouldn't fuck around with electricity, however last year the switch that controls the power to my shower shorted/burned out and my dad and I bought a new one and replaced it within 45 minutes. The hardest bit was lining the screws up.

Good bonding experience with the auld fella too I suppose.
It's only from spending the last 5 years working with a lot of electronics that I've gotten the confidence to work with electricity. Previously even changing a plug worried me.

I am comically inept at fixing mechanical things. I totally and utterly fucked up a toilet one time while trying to replace the ballcock. I had to call a plumber and he was very polite about the ridiculous scene he found. "Well, you were right, the problem was with the ballcock..." sez he, surveying the wreckage.

It's only from spending the last 5 years working with a lot of electronics that I've gotten the confidence to work with electricity. Previously even changing a plug worried me.

I only went near it because I was confident I could isolate the switch before starting, even then I went into overkill mode and turned off all the power to the house. In that case I was happy enough to be working away on it but the concern was more that I'd do it wrong and blow it up again when I sent the power through it.

The neighbour kid cut my parents phone line last year while he was cutting his hedge, I fixed that instead of waiting for eircom to come out.

I'm fine with electrical stuff but plumbing is a dark art. Part of the problem was that the cistern was quite old and none of the new valves would fit into the cistern so we had to hack it up and MacGuyver it. And the original inflow pipe had fused with the porcelain, my uncle is very handy and it tested his limits too.

we have an old 1950's jax in our house. Im terrified to go near it - and replacing it will entail a big spend..its so old the ballcock is made out of a sphere of copper!

Love the Stig guy

9bc4d7ca97412cb31613c6f781b1d392

just in case of emergency. plus you can approve the purchase before they buy.

enough of this 'man' talk. i'm off to bake some coconut egg-white macaroons.
Thanks

I also told them they have to make sure it fits.

Adding finding a tape measure to walking for 15 minutes to DID means this will likely never happen

Businessman Martin Gear, who owns the jewellers right next to the lane, toldTheJournal.ie that this has been an ongoing issue for a number of years.

“There’s a constant presence of homeless people there. There’s drug dealing, people meeting there, once or twice people having sex in the lane, fighting and people living there basically. There is between four and six people who live there on a permanent basis,” he said.

“You’d get people occasionally and they would have a syringe in their hand and that’s a sort of menacing thing to see – you don’t know what they’re going to do with it.”

Gear said he has suggested the alcove at the back of one of the buildings be closed off, as that is the space in which drug users tend to congregate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back