Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

"Jaysus , did ya hear that baldy scaldy Roddy whatshisname shitin' on again with those 2 annoying pricks the pub?"

"Nah..g'wan what the baldy scutter say now?"

"Ah heare he's bringin up that terrible tragedy in Buncrana cos he reckons he is makin' some deep social phili-o-sop-hical and meaningful statement of some sorts."

"Jaysus that's a lot of big words... "

"I don't even know what they mean but he was ourra bleedin' of order."

"Yeah he's a baldy prick..way past his sale by date."

The End.

Ah but what a feckin gobshite

The fact that all the centenary commemoration stuff is happening 99 years and 11 months after the Easter rising.
I disagree. I think the symbolism of Easter was much more important to them than the date. That, and the convenience of a long weekend. The families of those killed can have the proper date anniversary to themselves in a months' time too.

I disagree. I think the symbolism of Easter was much more important to them than the date. That, and the convenience of a long weekend. The families of those killed can have the proper date anniversary to themselves in a months' time too.

Fair enough it just feels to me like the sort of kneeling to the church thing that has actually made the state a pretty terrible place for most of the century since.

i was just reading a thread with the usual arguments about the irish owning slaves in the west indies.
"any name of an Irish slave trader...just one? Even if he was of English descent and didn't hang around long ? Come on gissa little thrill!"
so after a brief google and a bit of editing for tidyness i replied with a list of about 100 names and addresses of irish slave owners

then the guardian removed it for not complying with community standards, and closed the comment thread for the night

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
    Bello Bar
    Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Meljoann with special guest Persona
    The Workman's Cellar
    8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back