Minor complaints thread (3 Viewers)

i think so

and everything that's happened in ireland re: cigarettes happens over here a few years later

i'm perversely proud of us getting ahead of the brits on that

I thought it was a good move.
The 10-pack cigs ban was what I referenced with New Yorkers who were screaming about their freedoms being eroded when Bloomberg tried to limit the size of soda containers.
He got bounced on that though.

if there aren't 10s you just buy 20 though...you're not going to not buy fags once you've decided to

I wasn't there at the time, but was the logic not that kids were less likely to smoke cos they couldn't afford packs of 20 whereas packs of 10 were within their spending power?
I kind of remember there being stats or figures or something.

It was the one and only time that I ever Thought Of The Children

they're pretty stringent about ID these days (i still get ID'd frequently at age 31) so i wouldn't really think that was an issue anymore

Cigarette sales are predicted to rise as ban on packs of 10 misfires - Independent.ie

"Packs of 10 are a gateway to smoking - in the US they are actually called 'kiddie packs'. Some could argue that the difference between €3 and €7 won't put 17-year-olds off, but there is no doubt that it will deter 12- and 13-year-olds.

Dept of Health seemed to think so.

The lady at the Rutland was not so convinced
Mary Lacey, who runs the nicotine addiction programme at the Rutland Centre, also believes the 10-pack ban may backfire and actually encourage kids to smoke.

The science seems to have been far from in on the subject.

they definitely dont, but you buy them thinking that they will... its a con, but one i loved supporting so. denial is a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back