Minor complaints thread (5 Viewers)

Work Christmas party last night. Can't figure out why I was telling someone that they should listen to Cattle Decapitation.

what was I thinking?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh wait, I've an actual convoluted minor complaint.

Part A.
Got a new Nest thermostat for free with ESB last week, all delighted with it until the heating died on Monday night.

After following repair advice from boards.ie ("schtick a big screwdriver in it and wiggle it about") that didn't work, booked a plumber fearing the cost would mean Christmas is cancelled.

He arrived yesterday, schtuck a big screwdriver in it and wiggled it about some more (and did other stuff) and hoorah, it's fixed.

Part B.
Last year we'd some damage to the bodywork on the car that every garage I went to quoted me thousands to get repaired, but @mark recommended me a guy called Harry in Drimnagh, who did it for 150. Coincidentally his method of repair partially involved heating up a screwdriver with a blow torch and schticking it in and wiggling about. Anyway, car fixed and money saved, grand job.

Part A + Part B =

Last night I had generously moved my car into a tricky spot in our drive so the plumber could pull in and avoid paying for parking.

Pulling out of the driveway this morning, time slowed down as I heard a slow and loud crunching noise - the passenger side of the car mounted the front step and a piece of the wheel arch that Harry hadn't properly reconnected caught the step pulling the arch off AND a new piece of car.

And that, my friends, is my minor complaint.

and NOW I've to go to Dundrum

Christmas jumper day in the office
fe4e858828f8fdb5faf12e317a2f67a3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back