Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

Last minute practice for Saturday nights gig.

I'm criminally under rehearsed.There'll be a few tasty german brews necessary to steady the nerves I think
Gonna be some craic

It's so cold here that by the time I reached over to turn off my alarm, my pillow was freezing.

We've also run out of oil. This is Jill Hives .
IMG_20141211_133303.jpg

Last night I played "how close can I get to the fire and still see my breath" the answer is really freakin close.

Last edited:
It's so cold here that by the time I reached over to turn off my alarm, my pillow was freezing.

View attachment 9673

Last night I played "how close can I get to the fire and still see my breath" the answer is really freakin close.

Living the dream!

It's 9 days away Gaz, you'll be graaaaaaaand.
Aww..I'm playing solo in Berlin this weekend...I know all the words to my tunes..just not all the chords!It'll be a massive blag.Its a bit of craic flying by the seat of yer pants sometmes..once I hit the stage I'll be grand though

I'm likewise under rehearsed for the 20th as well mind you..but sure thats 9 days away!

View attachment 9673

Still amazed there's a Burger King down there.

Whereas I can't stop singing "Come and get it" by Selena Gomez at my desk by accident. We all have our crosses to bear.

I feel sorry for anyone working as a shop assistant right now. Got stuck behind this absolute fucking tool in the queue at Toymaster. He was told he'd he have to pay 22c for a plastic bag as has been the case for the last 10 fucking years. He said he refused and that the shop were trying to rip him off. Then he starts demanding a paper bag, she said they didn’t have one big enough for what he was buying. Then he started accusing her of personally trying to rip him off and just being really abusive. Eventually I want over and told him to stop holding up the queue. He said I can do what I like. So I told him he was a fucking prick. He pretended not to hear and went back to ranting at the girl behind the counter. Absolute fucking gobshite of the highest order.
Toy shops at Christmas really bring out the worst in everyone.

I feel sorry for anyone working as a shop assistant right now. Got stuck behind this absolute fucking tool in the queue at Toymaster. He was told he'd he have to pay 22c for a plastic bag as has been the case for the last 10 fucking years. He said he refused and that the shop were trying to rip him off. Then he starts demanding a paper bag, she said they didn’t have one big enough for what he was buying. Then he started accusing her of personally trying to rip him off and just being really abusive. Eventually I want over and told him to stop holding up the queue. He said I can do what I like. So I told him he was a fucking prick. He pretended not to hear and went back to ranting at the girl behind the counter. Absolute fucking gobshite of the highest order.

You should write a letter to the store saying how well the girl handled it.

You should write a letter to the store saying how well the girl handled it.

I could but then I'd say my description of 'well dressed, middle aged man who was letting himself down with his unbelievably cunty behaviour' probably covers most of their clientelle at this time of year. Might be hard to narrow it down

i dropped €100+ in smyths last year, put it on my laser. guy then said 'do you want a bag?", i said yes, he said 'that'll be 22c'. having no cash on me, i asked if i could put in on my laser to be told there's a minimum charge for cards. thankfully manager overheard and gave it to me for free, but still... ffs.

i dropped €100+ in smyths last year, put it on my laser. guy then said 'do you want a bag?", i said yes, he said 'that'll be 22c'. having no cash on me, i asked if i could put in on my laser to be told there's a minimum charge for cards. thankfully manager overheard and gave it to me for free, but still... ffs.

ah ok, your man in the shop was in the wrong there. The girl working in the shop today told him that there'd be a bag levy before he went to pay. Kept having to remind him that it was a government thing and she couldn't do anything about it but he was really nasty about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back