Minor complaints thread (2 Viewers)

an unfortunate necessity

If we all had jetpacks we wouldn't need the bus. Vid at link.

Olympic torch relay: Jet pack man carries flame in Leicester
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18675107

Jet Pack Man - aka Nick Macomber - took to the air outside the National Space Centre

In a special intergalactic-themed community event, Tuesday's relay began amid scenes reminiscent of the Los Angeles 1984 Olympics when Mr Macomber took off with the torch strapped to his body.

The 23-year-old who is originally from Alaska but now lives in San Diego has been flying for a year and has just over 100 flights to his name.

Once back on the ground he passed the flame to Mr Davies, who was nominated for his determination to carry on with his life after he became a tetraplegic following a motorbike accident in 2008.

My first thought was that people are dangerous enough on solid ground, especially when wheels are added, without letting them fly around killing one another. And then I read the extract. This maybe should go in minor pleasures or guilty pleasures.

Because I never read unessential emails in work, every fucker is walking around wearing casual clothing today while I am still in my suit.

Some fucking charity thing or other is my guess.

It's Tuesday you fucking spas. Look like you're at work.

Because I never read unessential emails in work, every fucker is walking around wearing casual clothing today while I am still in my suit.

Some fucking charity thing or other is my guess.

It's Tuesday you fucking spas. Look like you're at work.

Thank gaaaawd I work in an office where Levi's and converse are acceptable. From past jobs I find that places where an enforced neat-dress policy yield the most horrible clothing on 'dress down' Friday. Suits just don't have basic fashion sense.

Thank gaaaawd I work in an office where Levi's and converse are acceptable. From past jobs I find that places where an enforced neat-dress policy yield the most horrible clothing on 'dress down' Friday. Suits just don't have basic fashion sense.

Levi's being the absolute height of fashion as everyone knows.

i sometimes wish there was a dress code in work. i'm a fucking state most days.

it's really not good enough.

Me too, Pete. I some times feel over dressed if I wear a dress! When work already is crap with the fact that dressing the part makes you feel uncomfortable in comparison to your peers so then you end up dressing slightly crap equals a 'why bother' attitude. I am pretty sure I could roll up in pjs and no one would bat an eye. I should try it.

Was watchin Quantum Leap there the other day and before I knew what I'd done had turned to the housemate and said "They just don't make series like this anymore". Catching yourself saying whiny old people things about stuff the young folk could never understand. Pretty horrific.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rovert
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back