Minor complaints thread (6 Viewers)

Can't figure out how to adjust the ballcock to allow enough water into the cistern to enable a good flush. ..experiencing a worrying amount of build up in the pan

Are you sure it's not the seal at the bottom of the cistern?
The yoke that comes up when you pull the flush?

The pan shouldn't fill, gravity will take care of it if it's not blocked.

I took it to mean that the jax isn't completely flushing and there's now a build up of unflushed matter in the bowl. Has my imagination gone completely wild again?

Can't figure out how to adjust the ballcock to allow enough water into the cistern to enable a good flush. ..experiencing a worrying amount of build up in the pan

Yahoo answers says:

Lets work backwards up the system.
Is the ballcock hanging down when he tank is empty?
If not, the problem may lie with a jambed hing. Try moving the ballcock up and down to see if you can see a problem jamming the hing.
Is the hanging ballcock pushing in the valve lever (button in centre of valve)?
If not can you adjust the screw/and locking nut to push the lever in when the ballcock is hanging down?
if neither of these two are true, take real care and unscrew the end of the valve slowly and a little at a time. does water start flowing out freely?
If so, you have a valve problem and it should be replaced.
If not there is something blocking the water flow before it reaches the tank and you should call a plumber to investigate further and clear the blockage/lock.

Are you sure it's not the seal at the bottom of the cistern?
The yoke that comes up when you pull the flush?

The pan shouldn't fill, gravity will take care of it if it's not blocked.

My toilet must be really old...I've been looking up youtube videos so I know what you are talking about..those fancy pants American ballcocks

Mine is the old fashioned sealed doohickey

By forcing the float under the water and holding it I can allow enough water in to enable a good flush...so all that poo is now on its way to Dublin via the Liffey..as is my understanding

I took it to mean that the jax isn't completely flushing and there's now a build up of unflushed matter in the bowl. Has my imagination gone completely wild again?

I took it to mean that his pan was getting a flow of water when it shouldn't, implying that his cistern was not filling up enough for a decent flush.

My toilet must be really old...I've been looking up youtube videos so I know what you are talking about..those fancy pants American ballcocks

Mine is the old fashioned sealed doohickey

By forcing the float under the water and holding it I can allow enough water in to enable a good flush...so all that poo is now on its way to Dublin via the Liffey..as is my understanding

I was actually thinking of my old favourite throne in Dublin 3 (sigh)

Getting disliked for complaining about getting disliked for disliking Derek fucking Mooney

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back