Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

Hmmmm...I sceptical of the whole fund it/crowd funding movement..Edit..although I have toyed with the idea of doing it.

Hmmmm...I sceptical of the whole fund it/crowd funding movement..Edit..although I have toyed with the idea of doing it.

I was surprised to see Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian trying to crowdsource funds for a new movie he wants to make about his solo project.

Hey, fucko, you're fucking rich. Make it yourself!

Bloody Scots.

I was surprised to see Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian trying to crowdsource funds for a new movie he wants to make about his solo project.

Hey, fucko, you're fucking rich. Make it yourself!

Bloody Scots.

The concept is more for pre-sales more than anything else.

Its definitely a fucking lapse.I feel very bad about it but I just caved over the chrimbo..The fucking stress got to me.

I sometimes dream I'm back on the fags. I get really pissed off with myself and defeatist about the whole thing. Then I wake up and I go: oh it's ok.

The fact that you were able to go X number of weeks without them shows that you can live without them, if that's any consolation.

I sometimes dream I'm back on the fags. I get really pissed off with myself and defeatist about the whole thing. Then I wake up and I go: oh it's ok.

The fact that you were able to go X number of weeks without them shows that you can live without them, if that's any consolation.

I have no doubt I'll kick em again.I was off them 5 months and I was dead smug.I just got bored being so good all the time.

its taken me 15 years to realise what fey twaddle 99% of belle and sebastain's output is.

the indie betwetter in me just died a little more

My rule with B&S is everthing before but not including The Boy With The Arab Strap is beautiful and everything after is complete shit. I've never heard anything to dissuade me of this policy. I think if you bin all the later stuff you're left with a couple of very nice albums and eps. If You're Feeling Sinister is a total classic.

That fundit drive by yer man is taking the piss alright.

Seriously though..I'm quitting asap and getting back into the running and swimming.

LIFE IS FOR LIVING!

Me too. Although I will straight up admit that I don't know if I Fundited it at a level that got me a book. Can't remember.

you can check on fundit.ie can't you?

edit: apparently not, but you only get the hardback copy if you donated €100, or a paperback (which isn't out yet) if you donated €20 or €50.

Does Stephen Spielberg spend his own money to make his films or does he earn a living by making them for the financiers?

Spielberg?

My understanding of this crowdsourcing stuff was that it helped people without money get the necessary funding to get their project off the ground.
It just seemed to me that Murdoch etc have the money but would rather ask their fans for 3 grand for a walk on part that may or may not be used.

I honestly don't care. Just seemed scabby to me.

you can check on fundit.ie can't you?

edit: apparently not, but you only get the hardback copy if you donated €100, or a paperback (which isn't out yet) if you donated €20 or €50.

I gave them 50 quid which I think they said entitled me to a hardback copy. I have been in touch with them. The problem is the cost of posting them. They were trying to hand-deliver them to save costs, or even better, try to get people to go and collect them. I went over to the office before christmas and it was closed. Must get back onto them to see have they still got a copy for me.

I gave them 50 quid which I think they said entitled me to a hardback copy. I have been in touch with them. The problem is the cost of posting them. They were trying to hand-deliver them to save costs, or even better, try to get people to go and collect them. I went over to the office before christmas and it was closed. Must get back onto them to see have they still got a copy for me.

€50 +

A Warm Fuzzy feeling upon donating to see a creative project develop + Thank You credit on the project website + Your name included in Thank You list in the end credits of documentary + Director will call you to personally thank you for your contribution + Special behind-the -scenes updates on production + Admission to special screening & book launch event including glass of champagne + Signed copy of soft back book or DVD of completed film / promo

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cormcolash
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back