Miller's 300 yeow!!!! (1 Viewer)

Hey it's just an itchy 'n scratchy show extended to feature length and with historical setting.

*Laughing at all these people going apeshit about a shit movie*
*Waiting for the premiere to be able to laugh at all these people who went apeshit about a shit movie and who have no taste*

*you do an awful lot of this funny business don't you*

PS did you look at the trailer? it's the celluloid manifestion of AMAZING.

also - does anyone know if nine inch nails play through the whole damn movie?

I saw the film in the Dublin Film Festival as the surprise movie. Great effects, but the plot, characters, dialogue, acting is all just sub-standard. I knew that it was made from a comic, but that's no excuse, just a cheap cop-out. If you just put lots of gore and fight-mantras in a film with no other substance, it feels like everything else is the repetition of these two elements already displayed. And the whole film is scarily inaccurate (spartans slagging some other clan off as gays though spartas were the kings of gays) and suspicious (using the very same imagery in dialogue as one american government justifying a war on terror, without being a bit satiric)

But the conclusion still is: I didn't enjoy the film because i'm an uptight movie snob but many will. I just accidentally saw the flick that's all...

Why do the poor Thesbians never get a mention?

They should call the film '300 and a bunch of other guys who lent a hand too'

I saw this at the Film Festival too. I thought it was deadly - it managed to be completely faithful to the comic without feeling too familiar (like Sin City). It had everything that I love about big, dumb action movies.

Oh, and it has the best title sequence I've seen in ages.

And for La La, the big ROCK guitars are only there for a little bit of the movie. The rest of the time it's all orchestral strings and shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back