Mighty Boosh article in Event Guide (1 Viewer)

I think they have to be careful what they do next.

The last series was generally thought to be a bit of a let-down despite a handful of good moments.

If it's music they want to pursue and the Jonathan Ross performance is anything to go by, I'd concentrate on series 4 and spend some time writing it this time.
yep you're totally right!
they're in dangerous territory now - they are so famous that they could do anything and would still make money off of it. But a lot of their long term fans are getting pretty annoyed that their output seems to be all about quantity over quality.

Also, apparently they're making a movie, not a 4th series. If they rush that, they're fucked.

yep you're totally right!
they're in dangerous territory now - they are so famous that they could do anything and would still make money off of it. But a lot of their long term fans are getting pretty annoyed that their output seems to be all about quantity over quality.

Also, apparently they're making a movie, not a 4th series. If they rush that, they're fucked.

I think a movie would be very unwise. Unless it's a TV movie. The League Of Gentlemen couldn't get a movie to work (financially and artistically) and I would suggest that they are better filmmakers/tv show-makers than the Boosh. Not saying they are funnier but their TV show had a much more cinematic feel to it than the Boosh's show does.

I think a fourth series would be best if they put the time into creating it. I think maybe Noel is trying to get a lot done while he's still young enough to dress the way he does and look good. The clock is ticking, Noel....

Remember all of those moments in the show where they would lie about their age and look into camera?

unlike something like Little Britain, isn't the sort of thing that most people will 'get'.

i think plenty of people get it. wacky humour has always been popular in the UK with wacky double acts going back to the 50's.

The thing about the boosh is that most of the poeple that like it think that very few other people do. That's part of it's charm and success. The fans think they are special. the little shitboats.

i think plenty of people get it. wacky humour has always been popular in the UK with wacky double acts going back to the 50's.

The thing about the boosh is that most of the poeple that like it think that very few other people do. That's part of it's charm and success. The fans think they are special. the little shitboats.
This thread is pretty much proving though that a lot ofthe fans who knew them before series 3 are now starting to get a bit sick of it.

And of course the fans think they're special - every fan of a certain show/act thinks they're special, and that they mean something more to them than to anyone else. That's part of being a fan.
I just think that the Boosh now is a totally different beast to what it was just a year or two ago, and they have to be careful because they're in danger of rushing things and quality failing as a result. Case in point, series 3.
I don't particularly want a Boosh movie but I think it will happen.

This thread is pretty much proving though that a lot ofthe fans who knew them before series 3 are now starting to get a bit sick of it.

And of course the fans think they're special - every fan of a certain show/act thinks they're special,

I always think it's a bit weird when the fans start to think they're special. Like they are somehow part of it.

Very odd.

I always think it's a bit weird when the fans start to think they're special. Like they are somehow part of it.

Very odd.
It's more to do with being part of a fandom - being part of a group of people who are into the same thing as you, to the level you are.
It's not like you think you're part of the Boosh.
There are have been fandoms for decades, but I suppose people would mainly associate them with sci-fi things like Trekkies/Trekkers etc.
Once you're part of a fandom, then it goes beyond just the show and into the relationships you form with other fans.
I would never have been part of a fandom before, but I suppose I am part of the Boosh fandom. I don't particularly care what people think of that, but through my interest in them I've met a ton of lovely people (and of course a few freaks ;) ) and been to London about five or six times for meet ups and Boosh events and stuff.
I didn't go because I wanted to fawn over Noel Fielding's ass, I went to meet friends and have a laugh. Call it sad or whatever, but I enjoy it and that's that. :)

And of course the fans think they're special - every fan of a certain show/act thinks they're special, and that they mean something more to them than to anyone else. That's part of being a fan.

i must have skipped that 'i'm special' gene :) My point is that lots of people get the humour and it's a long tradition of british humour. It's also a similar niche-boom-bust model that happens every so often to wacky humour acts. Only a certain few stand the test of time. it'll be a shame if it bombs because it's really funny shit.

this was pretty funny too

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's more to do with being part of a fandom - being part of a group of people who are into the same thing as you, to the level you are.
It's not like you think you're part of the Boosh.
There are have been fandoms for decades, but I suppose people would mainly associate them with sci-fi things like Trekkies/Trekkers etc.
Once you're part of a fandom, then it goes beyond just the show and into the relationships you form with other fans.
I would never have been part of a fandom before, but I suppose I am part of the Boosh fandom. I don't particularly care what people think of that, but through my interest in them I've met a ton of lovely people (and of course a few freaks ;) ) and been to London about five or six times for meet ups and Boosh events and stuff.
I didn't go because I wanted to fawn over Noel Fielding's ass, I went to meet friends and have a laugh. Call it sad or whatever, but I enjoy it and that's that. :)

I don't think it's sad at all when you describe it. It sounds fine. I was referring more to the hardcore element of any fandom that takes it to that next level. The 'restraining order' level.

I didn't go because I wanted to fawn over Noel Fielding's ass

You're not fooling anyone.

Anywho, seeing as I only watched it for the first time there, I did think at certain points 'how the hell is this so popular'... but there's a fair amount of straightforward humour i think...

dressing up as old gregg does make you seem a bit odd though.

I don't think it's sad at all when you describe it. It sounds fine. I was referring more to the hardcore element of any fandom that takes it to that next level. The 'restraining order' level.
Oh I know a few of those! it is rather frightening to what extent people go...some seriously do think that if one of the Boosh met them, they'd fall instantly in love and want to marry them on the spot...it's like being a fan of a boyband or something, it's insane. And generally I've found they're old enough to know better, ha!

alan - you're dead next time I see ya! :p

here, i've never seen this show, what's it like? Should I just pretend that i'm too cool to watch it or what?

same question for the Wire while i'm at it

here, i've never seen this show, what's it like? Should I just pretend that i'm too cool to watch it or what?

same question for the Wire while i'm at it

Yeah there was a huge buzz about it so i rented the first series and couldnt get very far. I didnt think it was funny at all but apparently you have to keep on watching it and it grows on you. But fuck that shit, bo selecta ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back