Mighty Boosh article in Event Guide (2 Viewers)

I saw this show for the first time last night. It wasn't intentional, i just never had the opportunity.

twas the one on the desert island. i really liked it. didn't think i would.

watched the old gregg episode today, and realised i'd heard the entire script about 500 times from people on yokes at parties. so it wasn't really as enjoyable...

I saw this show for the first time last night. It wasn't intentional, i just never had the opportunity.

twas the one on the desert island. i really liked it. didn't think i would.

watched the old gregg episode today, and realised i'd heard the entire script about 500 times from people on yokes at parties. so it wasn't really as enjoyable...

A liking for the boosh creeps up on you. Luckily I knew absolutely nothing about it when I first saw it, and hadn't heard people quoting it to death.

The Killeroo one was the first one I saw, I was doing the ironing and laughed so much during the boxing ring scene that I had to put the iron down for fear of ironing myself.

they'll be performing a song too :)

Lolo, I was similar in that I hadn''t heard anything about them until my friend Claire (Whathappen?) on here starting telling me about them at the end of 2006, and showed me one of the clips on youtube. She was (is!) mad into them and I knew they had to be something special if she liked them. I was gutted when I realised they'd been around for about 8 years at that stage - we didn't have BBC3 and I'd never seen them on telly, and I literally had never seen so much as a picture of them up till then.

I remember when people on the Boosh forum would get all excited if they were so much as mentioned in a magazine/newspaper article -these days they're all over the place.

Can someone post a few clips that would convert me into a mighty boosh fan.....anything I seen of them hasn't really done anything for me.

it's really a show you have to watch a few times before you get to know the characters, and then relate them to the storyline - the more you watch, the more things make sense. Also the radio series is fantastic.

i think this their most accomplished episode:

[video=youtube;0cfSCl8TPcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T57DltF3FOM&feature=related"]YouTube - The Maightee Bewsh S02E06 [1/3][/url][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfSCl8TPcE[/video]

and this is one of their better sketches .....:confused::confused:

the only bit I liked was the coconuts taste exactly like bounty's bit.

Oh well..

Used to enjoy the Boosh (S1) but had to fast forward most of the songs for fear of crawling up my own arse with the embaressment (especially the rap in the forest,ugh) but now I watch Flight of the Conchords and laugh all the way through (especially the songs).

yeah i saw that as well...the whole thing is kinda like one bad in-joke.
(dont beat me up sweet o !ninjaaaa)

*gets out boxing gloves*

nah, it's ok...I don't understand why they're so famous when their material, unlike something like Little Britain, isn't the sort of thing that most people will 'get'.

I don't expect everyone to like it, and there is plenty of stuff they've done that is awful. (the Pies sketch anyone? The Comic Relief gig?)
For me it's all about the characters, which is why their radio series is among the best stuff they've ever done. it's not the kind of thing you can throw on and just 'get' straight away - it took me a few episodes before I got into the swing of things.

It's kind of sad though that they've gotten so famous this year and have been so busy they've rushed everything.

Bonsai: stop nicking stuff from my collection! :mad:

they're bringing out an album (of songs off the show mainly) ....they're at the stage now where if one of them wanted to bottle their farts and sell it, they'd be allowed.....

I think they have to be careful what they do next.

The last series was generally thought to be a bit of a let-down despite a handful of good moments.

If it's music they want to pursue and the Jonathan Ross performance is anything to go by, I'd concentrate on series 4 and spend some time writing it this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back