might be buying new guitar... (1 Viewer)

Buzz Fledderjon

Website
www.myspace.com
but seeing as i don't know too much about them, thought i'd ask some folks who do about it first.

currently have a epiphone les paul, slash ltd edition. it goes out of tune a lot.
(anyone wanna buy it? :p)

guy here is selling a Fender 72 telecaster custom.

telecust3ts_caselg.jpg

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Fender/'72 Telecaster Custom/10/1

reviews seem decent. is it worth 600 euro? and has anyone here played one before/know anything about the guitar?

Mexican Fenders are cheap versions of the U.S. ones.
Similar to the difference between an Epiphone & a Gibson.

If the only problem you have with your Les Paul is that it goes out of tune you should think about getting it set up properly & maybe replacing the tuners.

Any Fender will feel a lot different to a Gibson.
Fender necks tend to feel much more open. The frets on a Les Paul feel really close together.

I personally prefer the feel of Fenders but make sure you play a few different guitars before you buy anything.

The price seems pretty high for a 2nd hand Mexican Tele.
You can buy a brand new one for €90 more on Musicstore.

Here.

Ah well, never mind.

On the plus side, I think a Tele with a humbucker at the neck is a fuckin' sweet guitar.
Personally, I'd replace the electronics (including pickups), maybe even replace the tuners & bridge.

After that, I'd never need another guitar again.

Tele's rule!
Tele's with humbuckers are even ruler!

I wouldn't replace the pickups unless you're really not happy with he way they sound.

Personally I really like the versatility of this guitar, the way you can blend in some single coil with the humbucker for more definition. I put a new 6-saddle bridge on mine which has helped the intonation a bit. Those old vintage style bridges with one saddle for two strings are very approximate, thats the only modification I felt was needed.

I wouldn't replace the pickups unless you're really not happy with he way they sound.

Personally I really like the versatility of this guitar, the way you can blend in some single coil with the humbucker for more definition. I put a new 6-saddle bridge on mine which has helped the intonation a bit. Those old vintage style bridges with one saddle for two strings are very approximate, thats the only modification I felt was needed.

I wouldn't change the setup, ie, humbucker at the neck, single coil at the bridge but if it's a Mexican Fender the stock pickups aren't going to be great.

Having said that, you shouldn't change the pickups til you feel that you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back