Michael Knight / So Cow / Soda Fountain Rag - Whelans Monday 31st March (1 Viewer)

I thought So Cow was amazing, been looking forward to seeing him for yonkers and really enjoyed it. MK set was good but I'd love to see more of a band thing with him

Soda Rag Fountain were deadly but, the standing up/drumming/singing/making it all look effortless vibe was brilliant. Buckets of great tunes as well

Long Live YBI!

Enjoyed this gig a lot.

So Cow: Obviously talented but his lyrics are immensely annoying. I enjoy much of his abrupt shifts and garagey wonkiness. Having the iPod for backing wasn't the greatest, given the nature of the music.

Michael Knight: Great. It's probably nigh on impossible for him to have the band that does justice to his arrangements without first selling tons of records and having people throw money at him. But he's playing great songs so it still works, and it was great to have the violin and second vocals.

Soda Fountain Rag: Great fun. Catchy melodies galore. Didn't like the kazoos.

Great night. I actually like the So Cow guy on his own because I could actually hear the lyrics and despite (MFM) I rather like most of them. They make me laugh.

Micheal Knight and Soda Fountain Rag were the best acts I saw at HWCH last year, so It was good to see them again. Loved it. The "go play in traffic' song by SFR is brilliant.

I just wish I wasn't sick last night. All I wanted to do is lay down and go to bed. Nearly hit a gaggle of drunk girls on Dame Street on my bike home. In retrospect, I shouldn't have swerved.

Thanks to anyone who came down last night.

Three really great sets and the sound was pretty perfect for all.

Anders from Soda Fountain Rag was wondering if all Irish bands are as 'meta' as Michael Knight and So Cow....i.e. both do detailed commentary on their performance between songs as they perform.

Perhaps Irish bands should be given visual prompts by gig organisers to de-metacise their lines of patter?
Big cards with pictures of e.g. dogs or overweight beauty queens could be held up as songs end, inviting the singer to divert his attention from his music.

I'm available to write banter if any bands are struggling with it

just send me on a demo CD, a recent promo photo, a brief outline of your upcoming gigs and 15 euros, and in return I'll send you back several pieces of quality banter

oof.

Most awkward stage banter ever.

yes, but to be fair, we the crowd were fairly lifeless.

there was no crack out of us

I blame me.

or that it was on on a monday night.

I thought the banter was good. Brian was very witty. As was Richie. And he got Cora smiling and that kind of made my night. She has such a lovely smile.

yes, but to be fair, we the crowd were fairly lifeless.

there was no crack out of us

I blame me.

or that it was on on a monday night.

I thought the banter was good. Brian was very witty. As was Richie. And he got Cora smiling and that kind of made my night. She has such a lovely smile.

Well, I was sick. Was Cora the violinist? If so, she did not look happy to be there. Very good player though.

Thanks to all who came down, it was one of the most enjoyable gigs I'd had in a while in fact (observers may find this hard to believe). SFR were particularly deadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back