Michael Knight / So Cow / Soda Fountain Rag - Whelans Monday 31st March (1 Viewer)

here, any chance of a tracklisting for that free CD. It lists 13 bands on it but there are 18 tracks.

Interestingly, two of the bands listed (Bunnygrunt & Phil Wilson) aren't on the Dublin cd sampler, but are on the London one. And one of the bands on the Dublin cd sampler isn't listed on the cd...

I'll PM you the tracklisting later....

Is this for a public avowal of its deadliness....?

Interestingly, two of the bands listed (Bunnygrunt & Phil Wilson) aren't on the Dublin cd sampler, but are on the London one. And one of the bands on the Dublin cd sampler isn't listed on the cd...

of course. and also so I know what I'm listening to.

I've no doubt its gonna be deadly (haven't got a chance to listen to it yet - still on my new Soda Fountain Rag CD that I bought on monday).

cheers.

hey, got that. Thanks a lot for sending it on.

If anyone else wants it, let me know and I'll PM it on.

Bought the new Michael Knight album at the gig.
Good lord, that must have cost a lot of money.
And taken a lot of care and effort.
It's the Album of the Year, 2008.

So sorry I missed this now. Anyone want to post a tracklisting of what's on the free cd?

On a completely unrelated note, are YBIC going to be releasing some of the Phil Wilson solo stuff? Just got the June Brides tribute there a few weeks ago and it reminded me how great they were. Looking forward to hearing some of the solo stuff.

sure I might as well post it here as be PM'ing everyone. Here goes;

YBI SAMPLER TRACKLISTING

0. The Imagination Song
1. I Need You - The Positions
2. London Bridges - This Is Ivy League
3. You Sit And Wait For Life - Soda Fountain Rag
4. Guns N' Ammo - Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
5. Sweet chili of mine - The Mexicos
6. Dumbshow - Michael Knight
7. Greetings - So Cow
8. ******** - Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
9. Back To Me - The Positions
10. Pound for Pound - The Tyde
11. Waiting for a Change - Jeffrey Lewis
12. Moviestar - Saint Thomas
13. Reading Old Diary Entries - Michael Knight
14. Teenage Poetry - Suburban Kids With Biblical Names
15. Restring the Bow - Mumblin' Deaf Ro
16. Everything Ends (Baby, That's a Fact) - Soda Fountain Rag
17. The Present - Saint Thomas

So sorry I missed this now. Anyone want to post a tracklisting of what's on the free cd?

On a completely unrelated note, are YBIC going to be releasing some of the Phil Wilson solo stuff? Just got the June Brides tribute there a few weeks ago and it reminded me how great they were. Looking forward to hearing some of the solo stuff.

Actually, there are very firm plans to do a split release with Slumberland Records of new solo Phil Wilson stuff but it all depends on Phil writing it! He wants to do a gig in Dublin sometime later in the year as well....

The cd sampler for the gig in London with Soda Fountain Rag & Michael Knight had a demo of a new Phil Wilson song but I thought there would be limited interest in Dublin...so I replaced it with something else for here.

After spending a few days with the Soda Fountain Rag album I have to say I really like it. But, there is a certain rawness about the singer's voice when singing live that is missing. The songs are generally simple, 2 minute catchy pop songs. They're great but I think I preferred them when it was just a guitar and bass. Completely stripped down versions of simple songs is something that works great for me.

Don't get me wrong, the album is great. Something has been lost in the production though. I have seen them play live twice and had never heard anything recorded by them. They almost sound like a different band live. And I reckon a slightly better one. Both are deadly though.

I agree - I'd love them to do a live album.

On this album, everything is played and recorded by Ragnhild (the drummer/singer) - she IS Soda Fountain Rag, so the live band is fairly much a different band.

There may be a Soda Fountain Rag album out at some point which is basically the three of them recorded live.

But, you're right, everyone should buy a copy of It's Rag Time! to make up their own mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back