Mic questions (1 Viewer)

I suppose you're right. I'm just a very impatient person, so I always want to get what I can afford NOW! This attitude has often left me very disappointed - e.g. my laptop was bought without much research, it's only now I want to do stuff with it that I realise how limited it is.

To be honest - if you're gonna go for budget condensor you're probably better saving and spending a bit more on something that have a -10db pad (and maybe a filter).
OK - same price range, but now with a -10dB pad: the studio projects B1. Any thoughts? I've read quite a few good reviews... Alos, I should probably pick up a SM57 or three...

Anybody have a T-Bone SC400 or SC450?

Been wanting to get a condenser for ages and read a bunch of good reviews about the SC400. Haven't found many on the SC450. Anybody have a 450?

anybody looking to get a good cardiod pencil mic could do with checking out beyerdynamic mc930's ..

cheaper than neumann km184's and sound a lot better in my opinion..

darker..

got a pair last week and they sounding lovely.

also i should probably mention that im talking about 184s on drums. fucking beautiful natural sound. that crisp neumann tone is pretty nice when micing drums. totally get what you are saying though.

actually, on the topic, i was doing a session recently and recorded the whole kit with a 57 in the kit and earthworks on top of the kit.
fucking beautiful natural sound and lovely stereo image.
very pricey though.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/earthworks_audio_m30_mp.htm

also i should probably mention that im talking about 184s on drums. fucking beautiful natural sound. that crisp neumann tone is pretty nice when micing drums. totally get what you are saying though.

actually, on the topic, i was doing a session recently and recorded the whole kit with a 57 in the kit and earthworks on top of the kit.
fucking beautiful natural sound and lovely stereo image.
very pricey though.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/earthworks_audio_m30_mp.htm

i'm mainly talking about acoustic guitar here to be honest, never used km184 on drums.

km184 is a beautiful mic just not my cup of tea.

did you shell out for the earthworks or rent 'em?

I'd go along with most New Neumanns being harsh.
ah now thats the general rule for everything though.

id say that if you are running your 2007 neumanns and akgs and shit through some vintage pres then its best of both worlds. you dont gotta break the bank buying vintage mics but you give it a lick of vintage warmth.
actually recorded guitars as well with a vintage U87. unreal.

i'm mainly talking about acoustic guitar here to be honest, never used km184 on drums.

km184 is a beautiful mic just not my cup of tea.

did you shell out for the earthworks or rent 'em?
shell out i did not..

i was drumming on an album recently and the dudes had em in the studio. funny thing is theyd been sitting in a box for YEARS cos they this was the first time they were putting live drums down on their tracks. i could probably kick up some samples if anyone is interested.

Bright is fine as long as it's smooth bright.
I was using one of them ridiculo-Brauners the other week.
Smooth bright.
Very hard to put down that mic.

The only time I ever get to use 184s and U87s is in work doing live sound. I never get to bring them home. I can borrow the 414s to record with anytime though, which is nice. Anyone used DPA mics for recording?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back