mic preamp (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Pantone247
Here has your mate started overdosing on speed, recording insane records of what he imagines moon music would sound like and taking shots at his land lady yet? ;)

I *heart* Joe Meek

Ha!:D I think it'd be his pc to push him over the edge... I noticed about the pre in that compared to earlier meek pre (the vc3?) this new one woks much better with very low impedance and output mics. I'd build a console out of meek stuff if I won the lotto!

what kind of cheap preamps are people using these days and are they any use?

I have a digi001 for recording and its fine, the sound is a little thin though and i wouldnt mind getting a preamp thingy if i thought it would help. i dont want to spend a lot though as i might never use it. this one has those nice meters on it

im tempted by this yoke

goldenage_pre73_01.jpg

i use the dirt cheap ART tube mp one all the time, getting a few more next time i buy stuff. for its price i recommend it wholeheartedly.

Lovely..thats exactly what I was looking for...Ima get one of these

I just got me Berhinger Ultragain off the postman..one word...and that word is..

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

EVERYBODY should own one of these bad boys....|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

Heres my first go with it...

[bc]<object data="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=25900186/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB//" type="text/html" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="400" height="100"><param name="movie" value="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=25900186/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB//"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="allowNetworking" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never"><object data="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=25900186/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB//" type="text/html" width="400" height="100"></object></object>
[/bc]

Yeah..I want another one now......two should do it for me like pissy...

are the mp's better?

Yeah..I want another one now......two should do it for me like pissy...

are the mp's better?

I dont think there could be huge difference between them - its a basic enough piece of electronics, not much you can change in there. the one you have seems to have an advantage with the eq filtering - though i'd tend to eq at the mixing stage rather than input so it wouldn't matter to me... I only went for a second mp for the reason that i had one already and same as pissypants i wanted a matched set for doing stereo things, and to extend the number of condensers i could use at one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back