mic preamp (1 Viewer)

If I have one caveat about the mic2000 is that it dosent have a power switch..its fairly fucking annoyinfg having to unplug it when not in use

Recorded bass through the mic2000 last night with GREAT results.It did'nt play nice with the sansamp though..the combination of both in the signal line introduced an unacceptable amount on distortion.I then accidentally recorded a shit load of vocals with the thing still on bass setting..sounded great still though.

Recorded bass through the mic2000 last night with GREAT results.It did'nt play nice with the sansamp though..the combination of both in the signal line introduced an unacceptable amount on distortion.I then accidentally recorded a shit load of vocals with the thing still on bass setting..sounded great still though.

I've found I've to turn the drive and level way down on my VTBass when recording straight into an interface so much more overdriven than when I'm running it through an amp, presume it's the same with the sansamp.

Yeah..I only twigged that after..numbskull that I am

i got one of these a few months ago, i've barely touched it.

Shaney ..I'm looking to upgrade my preamp.would you be into lending me this for a night to try it out?or even selling it too me.
I'm sick of the behringer sound.

That Golden Age pre should kick the cock off the Behringer.

Oh yeah?The 'ringer ones I find to be introducing a boxy quality that takes ages to eq into shape and likewise a fizzy high end that is driving me nuts.

I just want something that records clear, hot and without colouration.Simples!

Edit..and a power switch!

Yo RED(tape)MENACE I recorded this using your old se2200 incidentally...http://vimeo.com/21571655

You can just leave it plugged in and on, it's not gonna hurt the mic.
You should cover the capsule to keep dirt out of it if you do leave it set up though.

You can just leave it plugged in and on, it's not gonna hurt the mic.
You should cover the capsule to keep dirt out of it if you do leave it set up though.

Excellent!I've been putting a sock over it when not in use to keep the smoke out of it anyway!

Oh yeah?The 'ringer ones I find to be introducing a boxy quality that takes ages to eq into shape and likewise a fizzy high end that is driving me nuts.

just a theory, but if your on your third mic and a having an eq issue, and it sounds boxy, would it be the recording space or the pre-amp?

just a theory, but if your on your third mic and a having an eq issue, and it sounds boxy, would it be the recording space or the pre-amp?
Its defo the pre-amp.You saw the room..its perfect for recording vox.I dont get the boxiness when using the pre amp on my mixer..but its a shit preamp with a rubbish noise floor and fuck all gain on the mixer.The 'ringer pre's are still the ticket with my small diaphragm AKG condensor mind you..but I wanna record a couple of ballads and that mic dosent grab the baritones as well as I'd like.

That Golden Age pre should kick the cock off the Behringer.

You are 100% CORRECT tapey....no 200%..I just grabbed this offa Shaney after a problematic afternoon..NIGHT AND DAY!
Some difference..no eq required hardly..I'm getting one next dole day,,SOMEHOW

Its not bad. I'd hang more cloth on the walls for vox though in that spot behind the video monitors, or face the curtain for vox takes. at that size there has to be standing waves.
Yeah..I think yer defo right Posty....its nowhere near what it was with the ringer but I'm defo gonna drape some old curtains from the caharityshop round the place in the morning..I dont wanna kill the room as such..just manage it a bit.

ann post ...you gotta get one of these man.I'm deadly serious.

You should start off with running the output knob at max and setting your levels from there.
HOWEVER.
Fool around a bit with winding the output down so that you can run the input higher and push/distort the preamp a bit. Can be fun/awesome, depending on what you're recording.

Heres what I recorded with Shaneys yoke so far...just the lead vox...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I got mine from this crowd, they seem sound. They are selling a modified version for and extra £150 with a different transistor (or something) which apparently gives it even more neve-ness.

I'm oredering one tomoro!even more neve-ness..yes please...Thanks for turning me on dude!

You should start off with running the output knob at max and setting your levels from there.
HOWEVER.
Fool around a bit with winding the output down so that you can run the input higher and push/distort the preamp a bit. Can be fun/awesome, depending on what you're recording.

Yeah I had a quick mess with it..only took 2 mins to get what I wanted..but I can tell theres a lot of scope in it!

£350..........where the fuck am I gonna find this kinda wonga....I'm gonna try prostitution this weekend.Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back