mic cradle (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
anybody got an old mic cradle sitting around that they aint using that they'll sell to me for fuck all money? it should be able to fit Rode NT1.

tanks!

I was trying to make one og these for am SE2200 last night...not that easy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Knock one out for me there Dave.

and by 'knock one out' I mean make me one of those cradles, tsk tsk....

before i could afford shockmounts i used to thread mike leads through cup hooks in the door frames and wood fittings on opposing sides of the room to hang the mics at working levels. its probably more effective than a shock mount and will cost about a euro.

fitting7.jpg

I made it almost exactly like the video said, but having found a circular downpipe (drainpipe) clip like this one:

5011141073698_001c_v001_ap

... it took away the need to both saw and drill.

Here's the result of my efforts. It works really well, took literally 3 minutes to make, and cost only a few euro:

Cradle2.jpg

Cradle1.jpg

Mark I've spare pipe / jubilee clip / elastics if you want them? With some sawing and drilling like the original video, as well as a spare / broken old mic clip you could make one?

I made it almost exactly like the video said, but having found a circular downpipe (drainpipe) clip like this one:

5011141073698_001c_v001_ap

... it took away the need to both saw and drill.

Here's the result of my efforts. It works really well, took literally 3 minutes to make, and cost only a few euro:

Cradle2.jpg

Cradle1.jpg

Mark I've spare pipe / jubilee clip / elastics if you want them? With some sawing and drilling like the original video, as well as a spare / broken old mic clip you could make one?

Thats fucking brilliant.I'm going straight to the hardware.Nice One.

I'm just back from the DIY, they didn't have the exact pipe thing you have, but a 90% similar one - the lad said there are two main brands on the market that he knew of - i got:

'downpipe clip half round black 81mm' and it will work, with slight drilling to accomodate the screw size on the mic clip i am using to make it.

more budget ideas, heres my vocal booth/absortption panel built from two sun loungers, six cable ties and a few blankets. i got the sunloungers for 10 eu each at the end of last summer. its rigid and it can just be moved around by one person as needs be.

PICT1809.JPG

PICT1807.JPG

PICT1808.JPG

PICT1811.JPG

So I wonder if Mark ever got round to making his mic cradle or is he still "going to" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back