Meteor Choice Music Prize Shortlist (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 3

So who should win?

• Wallis Bird

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Cast of Cheers

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Adrian Crowley

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Delorentos

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Damien Dempsey

• Julie Feeney

• Heathers

• Mumblin Deaf Ro

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Two Door Cinema Club

• Windings

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Thanks everybody for all the kind comments - I'm really delighted - just finished bath time with the kids, so now for a late mexican dinner with my wonderful wife.

havent really had time to listen to any of these at length, though i usually have a go at trying them all out when the list goes out. there are a few i wouldn't touch there though.

Actually, don't think I'd ever heard of Wallis Bird before. 'Double meteor award winner', I'm out of touch it seems.

in my memory she has really nice voice and is kinda quirky trad without making me want to crush her band to a pulp with thier own instruments, which is an achievement. I've only heard maybe two tunes and didn't connect with them. i'll see how my listening to all the records goes though.

When I heard her she was a direct copy of 90s Ani Difranco. Maybe she's gotten a bit more original since.

ireland and 'direct copies' have a long history. I be awful nervous about talking about the subject because it could cause large cognitive dissonance and possibly offence. and its not my job to tell people who they sound like in the sphere of thumped. the probably already know.

ireland and 'direct copies' have a long history. I be awful nervous about talking about the subject because it could cause large cognitive dissonance and possibly offence. and its not my job to tell people who they sound like in the sphere of thumped. the probably already know.

I know I just come off as Big Tom and the Mainliners tribute act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back