Meeting People (3 Viewers)

I thought it was just Sex in the City which popularised cunt being OMG THE WORST THING YOU CAN SAY.

Fuck is fine, it's completely meaningless, but anything involving ass or arse actually bothers me.

No way my Ma would batter me if she ever saw any of thumped thread I've ever posted in. firstly for the word cunt secondly for every other word in whatever the sentence is.

I think having sisters was my deterrent. I remember being a kid and my brother (aged about 7) called some bus driver one, cause he stopped following us, when we turned off the main road. My Mam nearly crashed the car. There was lots of don't evers and finger pointing....

I thought it was just Sex in the City which popularised cunt being OMG THE WORST THING YOU CAN SAY.

Fuck is fine, it's completely meaningless, but anything involving ass or arse actually bothers me.

I say cunt a lot. I don't get why its offensive. Its a great word, its expressive and it seems to hit the spot when nothing else quite does - Not in that 'lets claim back our cunts' sort of way.

Saying feminism is unnecessarily aggressive is the most stupid thing I've heard today. Sorry.

Point proven?

Naturally, but not all feminists are obnoxious manhaters. Lets have a picnic in the middleground!

well swearing aside, people do that anyways. I was flicking through wiki there and it mentioned that fuck was considered profane. i dont think people who constantly say fuck (like me for example) are consistently profane - the words used to describe something profane don't really count for swearing or not. if you say 'why doesn't that person go and jump off a cliff' its profane, the meaning is dark, uncaring, heartless etc.. its the intent, isn't it?? - also i wouldn't relate use of language to intelligence, as you have to consider that the majority of people here would have hang ups about swearing because either the brits or the church were telling them (or them via their mammies and grannies) they would go to hell for uttering profanities (a case would be the twisting of that one of the ten commandments about the lords name in vain into telling kids not to utter profanities). If you think that majority of society is intelligent because they follow the ideals of an organization as a measure of intelligence... well thats just silly.

the language i find most offensive really are when people utter old sayings and cliches in response to things, so that although they are employing some wisdom or turn of phrase thats existed for years to respond to something, the use of a cliche (to me) implies that they have reduced the conversation and thinking to a cul de sac and because such previous wisdom worked in some situation way back when, it will work this time too. thats when in talking to someone i'd like to go out with brain freezes and i realise i'm wasting my time.

Such is life though. Cunty balls.

Cunt = Feminism.

That's defiantly not true.
I said it in front of a group of feminists a while ago. There was actual tutting!
Granted the majority of them were/are lesbians (I dont know if that makes a difference).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back