Meeting People (1 Viewer)

didnt check on asterix,was never a fan of him really.but they did have thomas the tank engine books too,to be a child again...
book shops are too good for meeting people,some guy i know was working there but i didnt wanna talk to him so had to avoid his section,pain in the bollix.

Haha, I know what the beard was for now ;)

Even if they work there?! Only joking really, but there's a blonde girl (working in Jervis Waterstones sometimes) who always seems to make nice/ interesting comments about the book I happen to be buying. She seems very nice. But then, there is something about girls who work in bookshops.. maybe even more so than those who work in record shops.:)

Do you ever see somebody in a bookshop glancing through one of your favourite books, and you're dyin' to tell them to totally buy it straight away. But you never do.

I sometimes do tell them to go for it :)

Haha, I know what the beard was for now ;)

I sometimes do tell them to go for it :)

Nice one! Somebody said it to me once when I was hmmm-ing and haww-ing over Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. I couldn't not buy it after that! And I'm glad I did!

I might just do this at the next opportunity..

Nice one! Somebody said it to me once when I was hmmm-ing and haww-ing over Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. I couldn't not buy it after that! And I'm glad I did!

I might just do this at the next opportunity..
Yay!

At the very least you've helped someone out, which is never a bad thing.

that way you're having a nice chat instead of just trying to chat someone up :)

But you are trying to chat them up.

So that, in my opinion, is no less predatory than my "fake room for rent on Daft" scheme. Which saw me being labelled as some kind of sleaze-bag.

Which I am, but that's not the point.

(I'm not knocking the idea, I'm just saying)

But you are trying to chat them up.

So that, in my opinion, is no less predatory than my "fake room for rent on Daft" scheme. Which saw me being labelled as some kind of sleaze-bag.

Which I am, but that's not the point.

(I'm not knocking the idea, I'm just saying)
Yes, talking to someone about something you both seem to be interested in, is the exact same as faking an ad to get laid, you rumbled me!!ninjaaaa

my flatmate has a superhot danish friend staying over for a few days. i'm gonna suggest we all go out for a few drinks tonight. then, just when she's least expecting it. WHAMMO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back