Meeting People (4 Viewers)

Whether they admit it or not (and they usually do), girls just aren't into short lads.

A female work colleague reckons that a lad's height is equivalent to a girl's weight as a measure of attractiveness to the opposite sex....

I've never had any problems. I am pretty cool though.

I usually go out with people I can swap/share clothes with

Last edited:
Doesn't @Squiggle have some pretty awesome guy friend that is short and can't get a date?

I do indeed, possibly even more than one, but the one I mentioned here before also looks very young for his age so has an even tougher time.

There is an element of chicken and egg though I think. I became wary of dating men who weren't significantly taller than me, but I didn't start out that way. It took 3 months dating a guy my height who scowled at my feet if I wore even a small heel on my shoes, and a few more months dating a guy who thought it was funny to call me the 50 foot woman because I was an inch taller and about 4 broader in the shoulder than he was, and a few cases of being chatted up while seated, or asked to dance and see the face of the guy sink and his attitude become hostile when I stood up. And I'm a mere 5'8".

Self-confidence, of the kind that is comfortable in whatever package it comes in, is supremely attractive, while the opposite is true of self-consciousness.

I have my first ever daytime date tomorrow.
I haven't been out before 7 in Dublin for months now, so anyone know a half decent cafe/coffee shop near Grafton St that isn't rammed?

Direct light is not my friend, so I'm not expecting this to end well anyway.

the only place i've been in recently around there is the avoca cafe, and that was rammed (it was two days before xmas though) and is also up three flights of stairs

also the food is expensive

tea and cake or soup and bread would be affordable though

but i guess maybe you'll just be getting coffee to avoid any food-related mishaps
cake on face, soup on boobs etc.

Gonna get coffee and then maybe go in to see Jape in tower records if the silence is awkward.
I think I've got this!

I have my first ever daytime date tomorrow.
I haven't been out before 7 in Dublin for months now, so anyone know a half decent cafe/coffee shop near Grafton St that isn't rammed?
if you want quiet, head down to baggot street. Theres a couple of places that look great and they're always quiet on saturdays. Only a short hop from grafton st. too.

I'm probably too late in suggesting this but good luck in anyways.

I had to cancel in the end. I had two other things on yesterday and that was just one too many.
I do feel like an asshole though, so that's something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back