Meeting minutes Jan 26th 2004 (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Minutes for thingsyouremissing meeting, Monday Jan 26th 2004:

Present: me, Helen, Mick (aka some QPR player), Kieran, Richie, Ro, Allen, Billy, Declan, Liam, Mary

We decided to stop doing listings and news on the website, which means a bit of a site re-design. I'm going to forward the mailing list that we have collected to Billy, who is going to send out occasional listings and news regarding 'the scene' as he sees fit.

I'm going to start work on the equipment library idea. I'm gonna post a thread on the General board and send around a few PMs - first purchase (as soon as we get the money together) is gonna be a very high-class vocal mic (Neumann U87), cos I think that's something very few of us have access to that we could all benefit from.

We also talked about where we're going as an 'organisation'. Ro spoke eloquently :) , the main thrust of his argument being that the various people involved in tym have in the past caused themselves a lot of heartbreak trying to organise Big Projects, stuggling to get people involved and active and such ... as an alternative to this he suggested that TYM might be better suited to being a forum for people who are already planning to do something to co-operate with each other. For instance, rather than Kieran organising a tour for every band in the country, he might decide that Delorentos want to tour and then talk to other bands that are involved in tym that might want to tour with them. There seemed to be a loose consensus of agreement with this. We are going to continue with the resource website and the web radio and the stall and the distribution to the Dublin shops, because they already exist and they are sustaining themselves, but don't intend to start up any other projects that are as broad in the future. We agreed that the most pressing problem any of the bands/artists have is lack of publicity, so if we're going to try and crack a big nut that should be the one.

Oh, one other thing - the compilation is still going ahead, Liam is still collecting tracks, will keep us posted.

good stuff guys - all sounds grandest. i think we're right to concentrate on the 'collective' element and drop the stuff from the website (news, listings) that depends on stuff outside the collective.

I have heard of other people using city dics. My advice though is to limit the number of shops we stock cds at. It's better to sell out regularly in a few shops than sell one or two in lots of shops. As most of the shops are in the city centre people should be able to find them.

If you're talking about shops outside if the city centre, that's a different matter; generally though, it's been difficult to get people to buy the stuff outside of city centre.

egg_ said:
Minutes for thingsyouremissing meeting, Monday Jan 26th 2004:

Present: me, Helen, Mick (aka some QPR player), Kieran, Richie, Ro, Allen, Billy, Declan, Liam, Mary

We decided to stop doing listings and news on the website, which means a bit of a site re-design. I'm going to forward the mailing list that we have collected to Billy, who is going to send out occasional listings and news regarding 'the scene' as he sees fit.

I'm going to start work on the equipment library idea. I'm gonna post a thread on the General board and send around a few PMs - first purchase (as soon as we get the money together) is gonna be a very high-class vocal mic (Neumann U87), cos I think that's something very few of us have access to that we could all benefit from.

We also talked about where we're going as an 'organisation'. Ro spoke eloquently :) , the main thrust of his argument being that the various people involved in tym have in the past caused themselves a lot of heartbreak trying to organise Big Projects, stuggling to get people involved and active and such ... as an alternative to this he suggested that TYM might be better suited to being a forum for people who are already planning to do something to co-operate with each other. For instance, rather than Kieran organising a tour for every band in the country, he might decide that Delorentos want to tour and then talk to other bands that are involved in tym that might want to tour with them. There seemed to be a loose consensus of agreement with this. We are going to continue with the resource website and the web radio and the stall and the distribution to the Dublin shops, because they already exist and they are sustaining themselves, but don't intend to start up any other projects that are as broad in the future. We agreed that the most pressing problem any of the bands/artists have is lack of publicity, so if we're going to try and crack a big nut that should be the one.

Oh, one other thing - the compilation is still going ahead, Liam is still collecting tracks, will keep us posted.
aswell as all that we decided to offer bands & studios etc cheap web space, as there is 2.5 gigs spare on the thingsradio server (plus another 1 gig for backups)
since most band websites have a few pages of text, some pictures & 4-5 mp3s, we can fit about another hundred extra sites there, and charge a nominal fee for it. the hosting company would probably give us a discount on registering all the domain names aswell.

the launch night for the radio yoke also came up, and helen and i met up yesterday to plan it in a bit more detail. more to follow on that soon - should have the date fixed before friday(either 20th or 21st feb). There was talk of doing an all day gig, not sure if the digital hub people would do that, but i'll ask anyways. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back